Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 AM   #16
Shadowlich
Blender Head
portfolio
Andrei Belean
USA

Very nice work but I have one issue, and that is the fact that there is a strange mark on his temple (shown in picture):

Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 AM   #17
HosseinDiba
Expert

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Hossein Diba
Istanbul, Turkey

update

I guess I'm done with the texturing and shading process. Next thing I'm gonna do is adding the hair to get him rid off this hitman look

Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #18
bigguns
Know-it-All

portfolio
Luc Bégin
Infographiste 3d.
Montreal, Canada

I do not want you to stop it, since I'm sure you put a lot of time and effort into it, but at least... give credit where credit is due.

Just say when you post the final image that you get inspired a lot on my model ( and showing a link to my work) saying that you mimic my displacement fine details because you like my work or whatever was your reason. I think it's a minimum of respect you can show.. I did spend many hours to find how to do these details.. and you , all you do is follow in my footsteps... instead of doing your's... that's what I found really lame..

Website here: http://www.lucbegin.com/

Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
HosseinDiba
Expert

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Hossein Diba
Istanbul, Turkey

Yes,for sure. I will. Because seeing how you did the fine details in zbrush helped me alot and made me understand that lots of details should be in the sculpture itself rather than the diffuse map and I'm thankful for that. Not just in your current project but in all of your works I have found some helpful things to use.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
kybel
>B<

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Lukas Hajka
Slovakia

i also think it would be fair if you willl release your final image AFTER bigguns releases his.

nice tuxedo btw

Last edited by kybel : 02-27-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
bigguns
Know-it-All

portfolio
Luc Bégin
Infographiste 3d.
Montreal, Canada

Yeah I hope too, it's a sign of respect to show.. since I started first and you copy on me.. Would you like me to copy your work and then post it final before you did... I guess not and it's normal..

Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #22
HosseinDiba
Expert

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Hossein Diba
Istanbul, Turkey

Update

Daniel Criag (WIP) _ The first hair test:

Old 02-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #23
kybel
>B<

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Lukas Hajka
Slovakia

cool, but i would tone down the wetness in his eyes, looks like hes been crying

Old 03-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #24
HosseinDiba
Expert

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Hossein Diba
Istanbul, Turkey

Update

Daniel Craig ( WIP ) _ Another hair test. I changed his hair color,Stubble and eyelash and made different eyebrows, because the previous ones sucked

Old 03-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
HosseinDiba
Expert

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Hossein Diba
Istanbul, Turkey

Update

Daniel Craig (WIP) _ The first beauty shot test, I guess I'm getting there,but the next thing I need to do is to give him a unique facial expression, because I dont thing it would be cool if he just stares at the camera.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #26
MrJuzah
Obsol33t Modeller

portfolio
Jay Lawrence
3D Generalist
London, GB

Send a message via MSN to MrJuzah
Fantastic work - Real sorry the usual CGTalk whingers are putting a dampening on a thread which should've been a real nice read.

Biggun, do you not also check out other peoples showreels? You also would've seen how other artists achieved excellent photoreal results and emulated them, consciously or not.

So, let's get back on track - Hossein's work.

The modelling looks good, personally feel that the skin detailing is a little overdone in areas, but to each his own! Your skin shaders fantastic, my only suggestion would be overly freckled forehead/scalp and the hand shows no epidermal/vain colour showing through. (if it is there in the maps it's currently too weak)

Still working on the hair? The facial hair looks passable (Perhaps some variation to the eyebrows), though the hair on top is dragging down the piece as a whole. Before making major tweaks, I think it may just be a matter of the hair being too fine currently, thicken it up a bit. Also he's a 'mature' man now, looking at pics on search engines his hairs colour fades considerably as it descends down the sides of his heads.

Look forward to seeing this finished!

Old 03-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #27
bigguns
Know-it-All

portfolio
Luc Bégin
Infographiste 3d.
Montreal, Canada

MrJuzah: What a lame comment... Before calling me and others the usual CGTalk whingers, look our record to put your fact on.. first time I did this kind of remark, because it's the FIRST time someone try to .. not inspired.. but literally copy my work! And that's the point.
If you had look closely on his hires suclpt in Zbrush and mine, you would see that, how I explained already, where I put an acnea scar, he put the same at the same place, when I put a scarce, or fine details around the nose,eyes,etc he tried to his best to replicate it!

And yes, I check other reel, I can be inspired by some work, but it's not a reason to COPY it! There is a big difference, I get inspired yes, but I would not do the same subject and replicating it.. that is just too lame to me. I do things on my own and I don't ask like many, hey do you have a trick for that, this ,how do you do that..some peoples just want to have everything efforthless... sorry but when I want to do something, I figure out myself how to do it.. sometimes it's long, but at the end it pays off.

Last edited by bigguns : 03-03-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #28
HosseinDiba
Expert

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Hossein Diba
Istanbul, Turkey

MrJuzah : thanks for the comment, I'm working on his hair, but unfortunately hair and fur is a little difficult for me to work with and since i don't have hairfarm plug in, i have to deal with it.
about Biggun's comments i guess he is right, i shouldn't have copied the fine details of his zbrush version into mine. i wont do it again because it affects the overall process of my work, no matter how i did the base mesh, no matter how i did the maps,lighting,shading and render people only see that part which i copied and at the end of the day, I'm the one who is blamed.

bigguns : I already told you that i will stop this piece if you want, its not cool to repeat your words whenever someone says something,of course you are right. you taught me a lessen not to copy and i got it.I would like to here your advice on other technical parts of my work,because you are much more experienced than me.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #29
HosseinDiba
Expert

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Hossein Diba
Istanbul, Turkey

update

hey guys, here is another test for the beauty shot, I might change the camera angel a little bit, but the render and shading will be the same i thing.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #30
zenopelgrims
Frequenter

portfolio
Zeno Pelgrims
Student
National centre of Computer animation
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Lower the spec of the shader that surrounds the eye. He's almost crying..

Thread Closed share thread