Daniel Craig's 3D portrait

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Daniel Craig's 3D portrait

Hey guys, here is my latest attempt on creating realistic head models, I've just started. there are lots of things to add on yet, but its what it looks like so far:

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Excellent work.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Totally ripped off from Luc Begin's latest work... not cool man ...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...=1087494&page=1

Old 02 February 2013   #4
well ... definitely very inspired by lucs daniel craig,
but for me it will be interesting to see where this is going and how its gonna end up

Old 02 February 2013   #5
I see some diffrence with Luc Begin version, but it's clearly inspire

Old 02 February 2013   #6
Originally Posted by rox29: Totally ripped off from Luc Begin's latest work... not cool man ...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...=1087494&page=1

I think that's unfair to say, surely the inspiration would be from Daniel Craig himself? I mean both artists are making photo-real work of the man hmself, which means they are both going to look very similar.
I wouldn't be inclined to accuse any artist of ripping off the artist who just happened to be first to finish his work. If that's the case, it implies that only the first to finish a work like this should be able to show it on the forum.

Old 02 February 2013   #7
Well Luc Begin is an awesome modeler and i used his model az one of my references .as i did use over 150 real photos from daniel craig himself over the net. i dont think there is something wrong with it. when you consider a piece of art great you try to use it as one one your references.

Old 02 February 2013   #8
I don't think Luc owns the rights to Daniel Craig's likeness guys. Even though its nice to see people do something different, there's nothing wrong with a little inspiration; although if you did indeed use someone's model for reference and it was really helpful a little nod is probably not the worst you could do.

Last edited by tehFoist : 02 February 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Originally Posted by HosseinDiba: when you consider a piece of art great you try to use it as one one your references.

Agree, but when two people do the same protrait.. they are always some talk

Old 02 February 2013   #10
Update

The pose is going to be used for the beauty shot. some details should be added though but the pose is done.
working on his cloth texture now...

Old 02 February 2013   #11
Great work. The button on his jacket seems a bit off

Old 02 February 2013   #12
arms seem to be very short

Old 02 February 2013   #13
As Rox29 say's.. it's ripped off from my work :S

To me it's not inspired of my work ( wich I have no problem with) but tried to totally copy paste the model :S What perturb me, is mostly on the fine details in Zbrush, you simply tried to do the same as mine! Where I put acnea, you put acnea, where I put a scarce, you put the same, at the same place, the same for the folds around the nose, around the eyes ,etc it's a ripped all over the place... ( peoples you can look there : http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showth...Bond-James-Bond for bigger images you will see.. )

But the good thing is where I did mistake, you did too lol. I need to redo an other pass on the model, and of course I won't post it on the net... what's coming next ? you will also copy my diffuse map ... I do now understand why most pro's don't post wip on the net and don't give tricks..like there skin shader,etc..Too many peoples over there that just want to copy paste your work and claim they did it on their own..

If at least at the start of your thread you had given me credit, saying from the start you had tried to copy mine, I would say, at least he's honest. Because now telling you just got inspired by it, no more then that , and that you used over 150 pics of craig as ref, is a lie because you put the same scarces, acnea,wrinkles (someone needs to be blind to not see it, it's so evident..)etc that I invented... yes invented .. at the same place as me, it's not in the other 150 pics of him you found those details lol.

So the point is, if you want to really progress, don't copy work of other artist, because you will do the same mistake he did, no work are perfect, only reality is, so use reality.. and do credit to peoples you copy at least.

I won't repost hires sculpt in my wip anymore, only advanced or finished work from now...

On a positive note, great copy, let's see how it turns out, and yes the arm is way too short.

Website here: http://www.lucbegin.com/

Old 02 February 2013   #14
sorry if what i did was wrong,when I said i used 150 photos to get its likeness, i meant for the base mesh and to get his likeness from different angles, but for the fine details, your work was the main reference to me and i didn't thing it would be a bad thing,sorry.i will change those details and try to be more creative in my final image. you are a great artist and i have always tried to follow your works and if you thing what I'm doing is wrong i will stop this project , because I don't what to make anybody uncomfortable.

Last edited by HosseinDiba : 02 February 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Old 02 February 2013   #15
Update

Here are some skin shader tests. There was no skylight or HDRI map applied to see how the shading works and a simple area light was used. hair is not added yet.

Thread Closed share thread