My first Architectural Render

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
My first Architectural Render

Here it the first architectural render i made entirely on my own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZeHBb4t_Y4&feature=youtu.be

Its a work in progress right now, and there are alot of things wrong with it but im working on starting to make it better.
I know alot of what i have to do is getting better textures, so if anyone knows where to get help for that it would be appreciated. Also, i need to figure out how to get rid of the flickering that's everywhere.

I'm just using a Daylight system with Mr Sun and Sky and medium render settings so im sure theres something better out there somewhere, i just cant find anything for mental ray.

Note that i just have mental ray, and not Vray. I cant get Vray to work. During the 30 day trial i had my computer just on default settings with vray materials and a vray sun, after 4 hours rendering the first frame of the animation i just posted it just started on the 3rd prepass) When it did eventually finish 6 hours after it started, the Vray render was just a completely white screen. Its probably something im doing wrong with Vray because the same image rendered in 5 minutes using mental ray.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
You should be able to make a perfectly nice render with Mental Ray.

What seems odd from your animation is that everything on the building looks a lot darker than the surrounding buildings. I think it would be worth adjusting the light placement and shaders to make the building pop out more.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Originally Posted by ChrisLSimpson: the Vray render was just a completely white screen. Its probably something im doing wrong with Vray because the same image rendered in 5 minutes using mental ray.

I found everything comes out completely overexposed in Vray if you don't use the Vray Physical Camera for rendering.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread