Mercedes BENZ SLS AMG (In desperate need of help with the environment)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Mercedes BENZ SLS AMG (In desperate need of help with the environment)

Hello there,
I recently started modeling a SLS AMG , and it went good (although not finished yet) , I then started to make an environment for it to render, and I chose a parking lot , I collected a lot of pictures of underground parking lots , and as you see I decided to make something in between of those and it became the picture , but its so unrealistic and dull , I can't figure out why , I really need help guys , just point out whatever you see is bad or done bad, just point out whatever you see that's not good or should not be done this way. any ideas with the materials and texturing and lighting or even the color of the environment will be appreciated as well. Thank you very very much in advance.

btw the car will be moved to the part in between the 2 columns. but as I said the modeling of it is not final so I decided not to move it right now.

02 February 2013
Maybe make the lighting less intense? Will create more shadows making it look a little more interesting. Also I dunno about the floor being so shiny.
The car looks great so far btw. Happy rendering.

02 February 2013
Thank you , will take all of that . Thank you very much

02 February 2013
the reflections on the car need to be worked they are a tad blurry meaning the clear coat has come off or somthing as for the environment i would shut some lights off an see how you can add some light cards to play with showing off the shape of the car. for some reason i see light under the car from what i can see the floor shouldn't be reflecting the car. also a little light bloom would set it off nicely too.

good work man

cheers

02 February 2013
It may be easier to get it right when you copy an exact existing scene from reference. That way you can see what is wrong instead of guessing.

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread