batman base mesh

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
batman base mesh

Here is the model i based my batman on starting from a low base and practicing with anatomy forms, i later changed proportions to fit a more iconic super hero stature.

02 February 2013
The eyes are bothering me. They're a bit too large and slanted slightly downward. I'd shift the outer corners of the eyes upward and inward as well as shrink the total shape of the eye. There's something disconcerting about the eyes. Maybe with the mask it'd look better, but it's hard to say at the moment. Great work otherwise.

02 February 2013
You need more photographic reference - and you've also gone high-res too quickly.

More time is needed in getting the anatomical structure roughed out and nailing the outline of the superficial muscle mass before jumping down the division levels like this.

The eyes - feel like the size is more or less alright, though they're a little high on the head, and the actual shape of them is off; immediately makes me think of people with the red & sore droopy lower lids.

The planes of the body are off - Before sculpting in muscle mass on the chest, first get the shape of the ribs accurately portrayed. It's all very flat now as I'm sure you've noticed.

The abdomen is a sheet of muscle stretching from the ribs down to the groin, like..a towel. It tappers as it comes down forming a V *though it doesn't narrow quite that harsh*.

Resist the urge to sculpt what you think you know, break the habbit of sculpting from your head - sculpt from what you can see in the references, failing that, pull up medical diagrams of the body - paying attention to origins and insertions to help portray muscle groups accurately.

Best of luck

02 February 2013
batman base mesh

Originally Posted by ninelives1: The eyes are bothering me. They're a bit too large and slanted slightly downward. I'd shift the outer corners of the eyes upward and inward as well as shrink the total shape of the eye. There's something disconcerting about the eyes. Maybe with the mask it'd look better, but it's hard to say at the moment. Great work otherwise.

cheers for the comments ive got another feed working on nolan/comic batman if you wanto check progress and critique. eyes were bothering me a littlw too.
thanks again

02 February 2013
[QUOTE=MrJuzah]You need more photographic reference - and you've also gone high-res too quickly.

More time is needed in getting the anatomical structure roughed out and nailing the outline of the superficial muscle mass before jumping down the division levels like this.

The eyes - feel like the size is more or less alright, though they're a little high on the head, and the actual shape of them is off; immediately makes me think of people with the red & sore droopy lower lids.

The planes of the body are off - Before sculpting in muscle mass on the chest, first get the shape of the ribs accurately portrayed. It's all very flat now as I'm sure you've noticed.

The abdomen is a sheet of muscle stretching from the ribs down to the groin, like..a towel. It tappers as it comes down forming a V *though it doesn't narrow quite that harsh*.

Resist the urge to sculpt what you think you know, break the habbit of sculpting from your head - sculpt from what you can see in the references, failing that, pull up medical diagrams of the body - paying attention to origins and insertions to help portray muscle groups accurately.

cheers for taking the time to comment, im working on batman from this mesh on nolan/comic batman post. ide aperciate your input on that. i did not use anatomy ref which was bad of me .and i can agree his anatomy is off on a number of places. if you want to add input on making batman great as it can be. that would be cool . thanks

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread