Arnold WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #16
Newest Vray update:

Too red, I know, must revisit the shader

Last edited by genesis max : 09 September 2013 at 02:20 AM.

Old 09 September 2013   #17
And this:

Old 09 September 2013   #18
can you give us I good Front view and side view without perspective deformation?

You should try the deforme your pantie to match more something like that

Feel more musculor then sexy to me.

Last edited by Scote : 09 September 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #19

Old 09 September 2013   #20
Thanks for comments , I will try to model panties like that you showed.

Old 09 September 2013   #21
Hi that's a really nice Arnold model the only critique I have is that he doesn't have enough meat hanging over his knee. Like the outer quad muscle on His legs in the photo that scote posted. Also the triceps don't tie in smoothly. But that's it from me

Old 09 September 2013   #22

I size all the ref pictures I found to help guide me to critic and guide you to correct.

So base on the muscular chart, I resize all the pictures based on: (start at bottom) the Floor, Vastus Medialis, the navel, the tits and the top of the head.

So to fix your proportion (I don't comment the head for now):

- Just adjust the position of the chest area and the tits position.
- More meat to the legs
- But the main problem is the side view. You didn't give him the right proportions in the back or the volume in the front... all the parts

Hope that can help you

Old 09 September 2013   #23
Thumbs up

Still missing some forearm I think

Also when his arms come up it looks like his ribs protrude a bit.

A lot if the realism will come with asymmetry but that'll be done with mud box and posing. Is this all poly modelled? Have seen a poly modelled anatomy study for a long time

Great work so far!

Old 09 September 2013   #24
I wouldn't be so sure about asymmetry in this case. Body builders pride themselves on, and spend years creating the most symmetrical bodies they possibly can. It is something they are judged on in competitions. Arnold was a master of this.

Old 09 September 2013   #25
Telemachus:

Perhaps you're right, but when it comes to anatomy there is always asymmetry. If you look at the reference images there is definitely a lot I variation in the muscle definition, especially in the abdominals. There should also be at least some asymmetry in the pose, if not most elements. I'm not an expert in body building but unless this is a characature then I would be reluctant to disregard asymmetry entirely.

Old 09 September 2013   #26
Originally Posted by jameshodgart: Telemachus:

Perhaps you're right, but when it comes to anatomy there is always asymmetry. If you look at the reference images there is definitely a lot I variation in the muscle definition, especially in the abdominals. There should also be at least some asymmetry in the pose, if not most elements. I'm not an expert in body building but unless this is a characature then I would be reluctant to disregard asymmetry entirely.

I'm not saying it should be ignored entirely, but the macroscopic details like the muscle masses should be roughly equal in size on a body-builder. Exceptions would be things like the abdominals and face which are rarely completely symmetrical, and muscle striations etc.

Old 09 September 2013   #27
Latest update:

Scote, I have added some meat based on your photos, but still don't understand what you mean is wrong in side view. You have to bear in mind that on my model he has his arms lifted while on your his arm is alll the way down. But still I will try to improve based on your remarks.

Old 09 September 2013   #28
And, yes , it is still all poly modeled.

Old 09 September 2013   #29
Back view:

At Scote:
But anyway I see he needs more meat on some parts. Thanks for support.

Last edited by genesis max : 09 September 2013 at 02:07 AM.

Old 09 September 2013   #30
If you look at the first ref.. its a side view.. You can see the trapeze are fat Your model look like his didn't have meat in the back just in the side. He is large in front view but not in sideview

ALso if you can always share three views as update: Front, side and 3quart. Easier for us to judge

Last edited by Scote : 09 September 2013 at 03:23 AM.

Thread Closed share thread