Terrace Cafe

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #31
ok. now i get it

Old 03 March 2013   #32
another update with new background and lcd has news going on it

Old 03 March 2013   #33
well, any more comments on how to improve it? please and thanks.

Old 03 March 2013   #34
I don't like the TV. The model itself is lacking detail, and the image on screen looks really out of place, like it was photoshopped in afterwards or something. For me, the TV really isn't bringing anything to this image at all and doesn't fit in with the theme. I'd suggest getting rid of it and replacing it with a wall feature, like a hanging tapestry or a recess with a statue or something.

IMO, the plant in the foreground also looks unnatural - is it meant to be any particular species? The leaves look like they're too evenly distributed around the pot rather than originating from a stem. I think the pot could use a little weathering as well.

Old 03 March 2013   #35
i like the idea of hanging tapestry, thnx but what do you mean by weathering?

Old 03 March 2013   #36
weathering means aging. He means to make the pot and maybe some other elements look like they have been out in the natural elements for years. Dirt/grime/edges worn/chipped paint terracotta or other materials. Stuff like that really adds to the look and takes away from the 'CG' feel

Old 03 March 2013   #37
thnx Innovator, i think i get it

Old 04 April 2013   #38
I think enabling some depth of field could also improve things here

Old 04 April 2013   #39
i did some test but now working on the plants

Old 04 April 2013   #40
another update with fans and tapestry

if any other idea for wall feature you all have then give some. thanks

Old 04 April 2013   #41
Hey man,

Is there a reason you took out the background?

I'm not sure if there would be ceiling fans in an outdoor terrace either.

Is there any reference that your modeling your fixtures off of? Everything looks a little thin and wobbly. The legs on the chairs and tables look weak, and that inlayed wood work between your columns looks paper thin. Its also hard to make out your light fixtures, as they look a bit messy.

Your composition and lighting could use some work, but I think it would be important to get the modeling looking right first. Since things don't look realistic, its really hurting the sense of place your supposed to get by looking at images like this.

-AJ

Old 04 April 2013   #42
Quote: Is there a reason you took out the background?

its just the foreground elements for now.

Quote: I'm not sure if there would be ceiling fans in an outdoor terrace either.

i saw some refrences and saw fans. but will look into it more.

Quote: Is there any reference that your modeling your fixtures off of? Everything looks a little thin and wobbly. The legs on the chairs and tables look weak, and that inlayed wood work between your columns looks paper thin. Its also hard to make out your light fixtures, as they look a bit messy.

my reference was the parisian cafe on titanic. thanks for crit of the legs of furnitures as it does look thin. and the inlay too.
as for the light fixtures, what do you mean messy? didnt understand in what sense.

Quote: Your composition and lighting could use some work, but I think it would be important to get the modeling looking right first. Since things don't look realistic, its really hurting the sense of place your supposed to get by looking at images like this.

thanks i agree.

Old 04 April 2013   #43
Originally Posted by MurtazaRizvi: as for the light fixtures, what do you mean messy? didnt understand in what sense.

It's difficult to make out the shape. You've got some kind of high frequency texture on them, and the outline is really disguised. Its almost like their camouflaged with the ceiling. It might help to simplify the shape a little, and make the material a little more reflective. That might help define the outline a little more.

Old 04 April 2013   #44
Originally Posted by AJ1: I'm not sure if there would be ceiling fans in an outdoor terrace either.

I dont see it as a problem if its located somewhere it can get quite hot.

Old 04 April 2013   #45
exactly, my idea of the fans

Thread Closed share thread