Terrace Cafe

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
well i changed the chairs, table and lighting, added a lcd on the wall. gonna add the smaller details a bit later.

but i don't get on how to give the walls a weathering effect. any reference.

02 February 2013
Another update.

changed the texture of wall woods(round things), trusses in wood. pots texture changed. widened the view.

02 February 2013
I think it is getting better! There are a few things that are bugging me though...

The bump of the tile seems to be a bit stretched, and has some variations that look strange and unlike any tile I've ever seen. Also, the bump of the tile gets lost in solid shadowed area from the railing. Maybe modeling out the tile and duplicating would eliminate both problems?

I would work on, or change out the plant in the lower left corner of the image. My eyes are being drawn to it, maybe because of color or placement, but it is not the strongest part of this piece in my opinion.

The rolling cart looks a bit strange to me, as I typically don't see rolling carts or tables with so many legs. All the rollers are in the same duplicated rotation outward. There would be some irregularity to their direction if they swivel. Also, they are very black, I would lighten them as they would collect dust and scratches which would lighten their color a bit.

Something I would like to see in this piece is some dirt, or scattered leaves on the ground (but not a lot), especially in places that might not get walked on or swept up regularly. Keep it up. I look forward to seeing this one all finished up.

02 February 2013
thnx BryanWalther. the bump looks stretched coz of the angle, but will work on that.

the plant i just re did now in my new rendering

now that you mentioned i will redo the cart.

i understand about leaves, but what type of dirt would be shown? someone also mentioned but couldnt see how. any reference.

Last edited by MurtazaRizvi : 02 February 2013 at 02:33 AM.

02 February 2013
Looking at the feet of the closest chair, the tile beneath appears to be longer in distance than width?
[IMG][/IMG]

The attached image is not the best example of what I recommended, but it is in that direction. I think the dirt I was referring to is more of a light grey dust that settles in crevices. The reference image attached is an extreme of this idea. I would just cut down on the secular highlights where you think this dust might lay. (if this is something you decide to add to the piece) It also looks like there is some bump on top of the main tile bump crevasse, that is what was confusing me earlier. Can you post your shading network for that tile texture?

02 February 2013
Great work, what I would put finger on is the pot where the plant is, it is little bit monochromatic, maybe little dirt or paint, dont, know, looks to perfect now.

Keep up the good work

02 February 2013
thnx BryanWalther for the reference. i think i got it. well i can not post the network since 3d max 2010 doesnt have it, but i used a composite material and had two layers, 1 of noise and other a design. and in bump just the tile material.

thnx genesis max, like is said the plant i just re did now in my new rendering.

02 February 2013
update

changed the floor, pots and the trolleys, used ambient occlusion and added a background.

Last edited by MurtazaRizvi : 02 February 2013 at 07:31 PM.

02 February 2013
well i need to know that, if the background is looking good or not. if not then what type would look good. i was going for a look of a floating cafe or something like that.

02 February 2013
I like the changes you made to the patio area. I think that made a big difference. I also like the idea of the water side view, though the water level seems a little high.

The land mass in the background has a lot of contrast from the grass on the ground to the trees, making it feel very CG. Also, that building seems a bit out of place. If it was so close to the shore as it appears, maybe it would be a resort of some kind with a beach and more smaller buildings around it.

02 February 2013
thnx BryanWalther. the background is just a quick render and now working on the detail.

02 February 2013
Also don't forget that the outside would be overexposed. It's basic principle in photography that the camera is only able to expose one area properly (unless its a HDR). The inside of the cafe would be exposed properly, which is darker than the bright sunlight outside.

Case in point:

02 February 2013
I think you need less DOF as the perspective doesn't look like it was shot with a very wide angle lens, and they keep much more front to back in focus even at wider apertures than normal lenses.

02 February 2013
@BrikProductions. thnx i was going to do the overexposed thing once i make the background complete.

@Dillster, i didnt get the point. could you explain it. thnx

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by MurtazaRizvi:
@Dillster, i didnt get the point. could you explain it. thnx

Basically, render with depth of field to suit the focal length you used.

Thread Closed share thread