Hairy Bald EAGLE !!!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Hairy Bald EAGLE !!!

Hey there,

Its been a long time since my previous work 4 ARMS. I was studying yesterday and got bored overtime, i had a pencil at my side, i quickly grabbed it and sketched out a eagle (why eagle ? i dont know...its those times when your instincts take over)

It was actually done in pencil...i later highlighted it with a pen...anyways & with head I wanted it to have body of a Lion. But I cancelled it bcoz every time i create these detailed mythic or unreal character, when i show my beauty shot almost 70% of the details are lost, hence i stuck to create only head.

01 January 2013
Hey guys i wanted to forward this info to you that,

Z B R U S H W O R K S O N W I N D O W S 8......

I had seen lots of people asking to assure weather Z brush works on win 8 or no ! so it does

Ok back to my work, last night i used a sphere turned it to a dynamesh & began to make shape of a bald eagle... took some couple of hours but heres what i got it to

just as a experiment i tried using Fibremesh but it didnt impress me so i cancelled it. Then as i wanted when viewers to take a look i wanted to hook their eyes. So i sought to sculpt the hair( feather, fur, whatever) which will look sexier...but let me tell you this i am not intending to make it look realistic...just want it A T T R A C T I V E !!!

01 January 2013
Talking S C U L P T I M A N I A

do you know why bald eagle has so many hairs ?

OK i personally like this....for intensive & purposes i am preetttyy sure those sculpted hair are more than actual hairs on eagle. took me a wooping 2-3 hrs to complete it.

there are no touch ups yet nothing fancy. I believe i will use fibremesh as a touch up but that will be the last thing & i am way off yet.

by the way this concept is still static...no emotions or feeling yet....

next up expressions & more detail. & yes any tweaking points are most welcome.

01 January 2013
hiya fellas,

As i said bit emotion bit more details, here is end of sculpting. Let me remind you that no fibermesh was used in this concept, pure sculpting.

List of brush used:
5% - Clay buildup.
5% - Move Topo & elastic.
90% - Snake hook. frankly it wouldnt have been possible without this brush

while saving the file i accidently cropped the image & instantly got a idea,

This was just for fun hope u liked it. One last beauty shot & ill be done.

01 January 2013
Awesome! Nice to see the whole process from pencil and paper to final artwork.

01 January 2013
Unhappy need opinion !

OK sorry there has been some change from my previous comment...

I am posting 2 beauty images, the only difference between these 2 are small tweaks in Brightness & contrast. Why 2 same images? coz the first one was done on PC right from the begining & it looked the way i wanted it to, but when i transferred the image on my laptop it started looking overexposed...like it was dodged over & over. & so i changed the brightness through Photoshop on my laptop to make it look like it looked on my PC.

So the moral is the one that looked good on my PC, doesnt look same on laptop & vice versa.
check it out,

HIGH RESOLUTION

The above image was composed & rendered on my PC (screen: Viewsonic)

HIGH RESOLUTION

This image was tweaked to look good on laptop screen. (Samsung)
if i keep my laptop & PC side by side the both look mostly same

WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE 1st or 2nd ??????? That image will be add to my portfolio.

-Thanks.

01 January 2013
It's really an issue of taste I suppose. For me, the first one is nicer. But I can't really explain why. Maybe the colour saturation in the second one appeals less to me?

01 January 2013
Thumbs up

Thanks buddy, my mom also said the same....Its upto one's taste.
so the first one it is !

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread