Olivers Kat - short story concepts

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Olivers Kat - short story concepts

I'm developing some concepts for a short story for under 10 year olds, and was hoping for some feedback on the development of it. I also have a 2D WIP thread here for my 2D development.

Simply put, the story is about a boy who draws a picture for his parents of a cat, but upon him offering it to them as a present, his mother freaks out due to the markers he was using having marked the floor. The kid (Oliver) runs away into the night, where he meets the living incarnation of his cat drawing (Kat) whilst alone and scared in the snow. Together they go on an adventure through the neighbourhood and Kat teaches Oliver that while families sometimes argue, that doesn't mean they don't love each other, which allows Oliver to forgive his family and go home.

I've already worked on the characters and am looking into some sculpts as well as animation tests and background designs. Any feedback would be much appreciated. The work so far has been mainly character concepts, and here is a sculpt of one of the characters. More to follow soon, and you can see more on http://jisusu.tumblr.com

Concepts:

Sculpt:

Last edited by Jisusu : 03 March 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Some updates - a sculpt for Oliver and also a quick render with default shaders and textures. A lot more shading work to do.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
i like the character's concept a lot.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
OK, here's a still of the finished turntable

rest of the turntable is here

Last edited by Jisusu : 03 March 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
great concept

Nothing screams childhood like a boy/girl and his or her pet.

Old 03 March 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread