Destruction Simulation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Destruction Simulation

Hi guys! I am working on a VFX piece where a dragon is crashing into a building and destroying it. These are some initial tests I have done for this effect. Let me know what you think about them.

Video link:
https://vimeo.com/57690582

Blog Post:
http://suryanshurai.blogspot.co.uk/...left-off-i.html

Old 01 January 2013   #2
That's a nice start I'd say.

I have 0 VFX experience, but perhaps the layman eye is an advantage here.

The simulation/animation has an odd "speedup" for some pieces of debris if you look at the part between 22->26 seconds and also some parts of the debris in the animation have the feeling as if they have a different weight or better said a different amount of gravity applied (since every objects falls at the same speed when gravity is constant).

Also it's not really clear or difficult to imagine what the size of the dragon is. Will he hit it with his full body or is it a huge monster and does he blast this tower just with the tip of his wing?

If he hits it with full body then I think the debris wouldn't fly away that far and the tower would rather collapse instead of a horizontal "fountain" of debris.
I would rather expect that if the dragon would partially hit it at very high speed (with the tip of his wing, for instance).

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Thanks for the response. I will try to incorporate your suggestions in the next iteration.

Cheers!

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread