Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
RikkTheGaijin
Veteran

portfolio
Riccardo Minervino
Kyoto, Japan

Walt

Hi everyone. So, this is obviously not a WIP, but for some reason I don't understand, the image was refused to be shown in the 3D Gallery. Apparently the quality is not enough, this is what the moderator told me.
Funny because I got the toprow on zBrushCentral with this work.

Anyway, I can still post it here to show you guys.
This is a fan artwork I made as a tribute to one of my favorite show, Breaking Bad. Sculpted entirely in zBrush, retopo and adjustments in Maya, render in Octane and color correction in Photoshop. More images and breakdown are visible in my portfolio. Comments are welcome!

Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 AM   #2
RikkTheGaijin
Veteran

portfolio
Riccardo Minervino
Kyoto, Japan

Some breakdown images

And this is another render of the same subject

Old 01-13-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Kanga
KillaRoo

portfolio
Chris Kautz
Freelancer/Character artist.
Netherlands

Send a message via ICQ to Kanga Send a message via MSN to Kanga
Yeah the second render is way better. The elements are very much the same but it is just probably a photo thing. The first shot at the top of the page looks cheesy and the second one in the daylight has much more power. I only saw a bit of breaking bad but it was in the desert and you shot there tells the whole story.

Well done.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
RikkTheGaijin
Veteran

portfolio
Riccardo Minervino
Kyoto, Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga
Yeah the second render is way better. The elements are very much the same but it is just probably a photo thing. The first shot at the top of the page looks cheesy and the second one in the daylight has much more power. I only saw a bit of breaking bad but it was in the desert and you shot there tells the whole story.

Well done.

Hi Kanga, as you might know, I did propose the daylight image as well for the gallery (in fact that is the one I got the toprow for, on zBrushCentral), but here on cgsociety it was refused as well.
You are the Forum Leader, any thought on the reason?

Thank you.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
Kanga
KillaRoo

portfolio
Chris Kautz
Freelancer/Character artist.
Netherlands

Send a message via ICQ to Kanga Send a message via MSN to Kanga
No I didn't know. There is not a mod that does the viewing it is a group.

I have to say though that I don't like everything that is top row on ZBC. The pieces on the top row there show off the features of the software though. If I were to guess why this piece didn't get through it would only be because it is yet another celebrity head and the professionals that do the selections have seen enough of them to be very particular about which ones get accepted.

Part of the fun of this pursuit is that you cannot demand that people like your work all the time

Cheerio

Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread