Cain - Robocop 2 Project - Maya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #16
Upper right arm done - apart from cables, again due to the fact I think it would be easier to pose this before creating them. Going to leave it till all the arms are done then do them all together I think.

Moving on to the lower right arm next.

Edit - Dame it - forgot to do the pads on the fingers so not finished - oh well - very close.

Old 01 January 2013   #17
Going through all my ref photos it turns out I missed a lot of details from the hand area (mostly because I was looking at my crap little model) so spent the morning adding the missing parts.

Old 01 January 2013   #18
Upper part of the lower right arm.

Out of all the arms this is the only part of all of them that are the same on both sides. This is hard model as there is very little to mirror, but still finding it fun.

Old 01 January 2013   #19
Cracked on with this tonight with only the hand of the lower right arm to do (well say hand - more like welding kit). Was hoping to get it done tonight but brain shutting down - time for sleep.

Old 01 January 2013   #20
Well corrected a few errors I made while I was tired yesterday and finished the off the hand (Apart from a small panel covering some joints).

Really happy with the way its looking

Old 01 January 2013   #21
Other lower arm done - just the hard arm left to go - but it is the best looking.

Old 01 January 2013   #22
Lots of cleaning up outliner, some small edits and some scale corrections today. Really had a day off to re coup my brain before starting on the other arm.

Old 01 January 2013   #23
Well got the top part of the upper arm done - going to do the mini gun next before the hand.

Old 01 January 2013   #24
Went with the hand instead of the gun. This has taken ages mostly getting the scales of everything right. Not 100% on the things on the bottom of the fist - might re do them but once I get the gun done.

Old 01 January 2013   #25
Wow that would look great ! Keep it up

Website here: http://www.lucbegin.com/

Old 01 January 2013   #26
Urm Thanks I think - not sure what you mean by "would look great".

Well I finally finished the arms (apart from the cables and ammo belt - both of which I`ll do once the whole thing is finished). Now its time for the hardest part - The chest area - Been dreading this part since I started the project.

Old 01 January 2013   #27
.. it means it would look even better once finished, mapped etc. I like it lots of details details keep it up

Website here: http://www.lucbegin.com/

Old 01 January 2013   #28
After a few days off back at it.

Upper body time - the two chest pieces are not angled yet as I am just figuring out how it goes together.

Old 01 January 2013   #29
Pretty nice progress. It looks like you are not even having any challenges yet.

Old 01 January 2013   #30
Thumbs up

Thanks but that sure is so not true.

Some of these shapes are so tricky to make and I think if I did not have the ref images I do I would never figure out how the upper body goes together.

Then there was yesterday - I had finished the frame work for the chest pieces, the support for the arms and 3 of the mid section pistons. I was copying the last one over to finish off for the night and Maya crashed (losing about 6 hours work) some how also corrupting my file. Luckily I work smart and I have backups of my old stuff but means I have moved back to a state further back than my last render.

And thanks for still following this thread

Thread Closed share thread