TeaTime

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
TeaTime

Hi everyone,

Just a little something to spend some time on 3d.

The DOF was done quickly with a blur filter in photoshop. I'll render a depth pass when I'll be a the rendering step.

I am using Maya and Vray (Vray RT for this render, which explains why there is so much noise on the picture at the moment).

By the way I have a little question. When I am doing a batch render with vray, it's really long to do. The scene is pretty light. My lights don't have so much samples (8 the default setting). I already have exported the scene (only the meshes) in an obj file and imported it in a new empty scene. The problem remains the same. I used vray for other projects and I never had this issue. If someone has an idea, I'll be glad to hear about it.

Cheers

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Nobody ????

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Well, iŽd definitely enjoy using that pretty cup. I think it looks beautiful.
What are those round things next to it? Olives? Fruits?

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Looks good. Try using draft GI settings and the DMC sampler 1/3 or 1/4 instead of the RT engine, and see if that speeds your batch up.

Old 01 January 2013   #5
skyheinrich : Thanks These are going to be 2 raspberries and a blackberry (I can understand that without the displace map it's not obvious)

jtaylor : Thanks for the advice. Actually the issue was about the dynamic memory which was too low. It works well now

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Some updates.

I have only displayed the current shaded elements.

The ceramic on the cup and the saucer need some more work (variation in the color, the gloss, the reflectivity)

I am looking for some critics or comments. Anyone ?

Old 02 February 2013   #7
Hi folks,

I need your help.

I want to make a liquid with vray but here is my result (without the cup hidden on the top, and with the cup displayed on the bottom)

Any idea ?

Old 02 February 2013   #8
It's not very clear from the pictures what problem you are having. Please explain it a little more.

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Actually I do not understand why my liquid is not transparent.

Even if I put a pure white in refraction color, I obtain an opaque liquid, but if I hide the cup it reacts well.

I was hoping to see the interior of my cup through the liquid.

Am I more clear ?

Old 02 February 2013   #10
It may be the fact that the liquid mesh in touching the cup and to fix it try scaling the liquid ever so slightly so that it's smaller than the cup and see if that helps.
The shaders look good, are u using a vray blend material with the ceramic white as a base and a gold vray shader for the small yellow elements?

Old 02 February 2013   #11
I already tried that but it doesn't affect the result.

I also tried to change the cup's shader to a simple grey VrayMtl but the result is still the same.

Increasing the TraceDepth doesn't change anything too.

Old 02 February 2013   #12
What about changing the Refraction IOR or turning off the reflections, if nothing works one way to fake transparancy is to lower the opacity map but it may not look realistic if u do.

Old 02 February 2013   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread