Old City Alley environment

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Texturing is looking quite nice.

Your background image doesn't really match the lighting in the scene.

You have too much purple in the fill light. It's nice to have a bit of purple in sunset lighting but it shouldn't be everywhere in the shadows. Light that gets bounced up into the crevices underneath roofs and window sills would just be the warm light from the sun reflecting off the grey ground so it wouldn't be purple at all.

04 April 2013
@Leigh : Thank you so much for the link to my previous thread. So sorry because i didn't know it's still here and created the new thread. Thank you and really appreciate for your information.

Here i tune down the purple tone for my latest update.

@Kev3d : Thanks for your comment. Here's the latest update for the right building. what do you think? would love to hear your feedback.

@AJ1: Thanks for your previous comment. I will post my update here again now. i tune down the purple tone..what do you think? is it still too purple?

[IMG][/IMG]

will post another update later

04 April 2013
i decide to work from the render and tune further the purple tone. would love to hear any feedbacks.

Here's the update straight from the render

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Androgs: @Leigh : Thank you so much for the link to my previous thread. So sorry because i didn't know it's still here and created the new thread. Thank you and really appreciate for your information.

As a future note, next time you can't seem to find threads older than a month listed in the forum, check the lower left corner of the page and make sure it's set to show all threads from the beginning, and not just the last month ;-)

04 April 2013
@Leigh : i noticed it now..just realize that my setting was to show only from last month and i already changed it now. Thanks for your helpful information

04 April 2013
another update...i think it's quite near to finish. i still want to add a classic car in this scene to add some interest in it later. Hope to hear some feedback if there's a way to make this scene better.

guess i am now in the phase where i felt something is missing but i don't know what is it.

What do you think about it? any suggestion?

Thanks for viewing

Last edited by Androgs : 04 April 2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: add comment

04 April 2013
Your scene is quiet beautiful. What about adding characters or a story to the scene? Right now you have just a nice looking scene but it doesn't have much life to it other than the environment and birds. If you added in a classic car, like you said, that would look nice. What about a classic car race?

04 April 2013
Hey ThisDesignUp, Thanks for your feedback...i agree with you! now i know why something is missing in this scene. like what you said...it really needs some characters and story in it. about a classic car race..that's an interesting idea..makes me really think about it!

Thanks again!

04 April 2013
another update for now. add some details and add cars on it. i will add another people figure to suggest a story inside.

04 April 2013
i think i consider this one done for now. I add woman character and classic car inside, also futuristic building on the background to add interest for this scene. any c&c are very welcome here.

04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread