Toyota Corolla AE86 Sprinter Trueno WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Thumbs up Toyota Corolla AE86 Sprinter Trueno WIP

So, I've been working on this since about mid-september. I'm at the rendering stage with a few modeling tweaks here and there. Let me know what you think.

Thank you in advance.

You can check out the wip stage at my blog.

Old 12 December 2012   #2
As far as I can tell from your image, the model looks good. However the lighting and the shaders need some improvement. The color behaviour looks strange, do you use linear workflow?

Old 12 December 2012   #3
ok....now i dont know whether u are familiar with a Manga series called INITIAL D or not but i am a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan....the series is pictured over a AE 86 Panda trueno....if you dont know what i mean go google search INITIAL D you will know what i mean...

Old 12 December 2012   #4
I decided to go with this car because Fifth stage came out XD.

Old 12 December 2012   #5
Also does anyone know where I can get tips on basic studio lighting in mental ray? I'm trying to go through 3ds Max help, but yeah...

Old 12 December 2012   #6
Talking

Originally Posted by goku112: I decided to go with this car because Fifth stage came out XD.

damn good to know, i just watched 3rd episode......very well man then u definitely know what i mean...anyways about render setup, yes try Digital Tutuors....you will definitly find somthing useful out there

Old 12 December 2012   #7
here's a new studio render attempt:

Old 12 December 2012   #8
nother one:

Old 12 December 2012   #9
Looking good with the last few renders! Quick question though: Do you by chance have the interior modeled? Only reason why i ask is because with any car with 100% tint you can see the silhouettes of the steering wheel and seats. Just as a heads up if you want that extra touch of realism for the final renders.

Old 12 December 2012   #10
hmm...it feels as if u just cranked up Gamma or brightness....

I think that the white reflection is not looking promising. I mean you could change its position or add in multiple planes. Another thing (this is only my personal opinion ) are the headlights gonna stay shut ?

I agree with the guy above me....you can just block out rough shape of steering wheel, seats (bucket seat ).

Old 12 December 2012   #11
Thanks, guys. As of right now, I'm finished with this project. I've got to move onto to some non-CGI things, but I do see myself revisiting it in the near future!

Old 12 December 2012   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread