My Graduation Project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
The animation is looking really cool. I really love how the plane explodes and reveals the underlying structure. One thing I noticed though is that the camera movement is a bit jerky when it first starts to move, and as the plane is taking off. Really good stuff. Keep at it.

02 February 2013
@BryanWalther Thanks for the heads up on the camera movement. Somehow I didn't notice it. And I forgot to change it for this new upload. Hope you won't hold it against me :P

Here's the newest version, fresh off the... cpu?

Things to note:
Propeller of second plane simply disappears. This will be changed in the near future.
Propeller of second plane doesn't spin yet due to issues with rotation axis.
Last plane simply comes into the shot but this will most likely be a build up like the engine, or something like that.

https://vimeo.com/59410627

02 February 2013
Itís been a while, but Iím almost done. All thatís left to do is break the plane up into its sections and finish off the animation.

2 weeks until deadline, wish me luck

Click For Full Size

02 February 2013
Fifth version of the animation. Still some kinks int he animation and I want to time remap some stuff, In particular the transition of the second and third airplane.

https://vimeo.com/60475902/settings

03 March 2013
Latest version of the animation. Part of it is high poly, part is low poly. This due to the fact that I had rendered part of it already, and then made everything high poly and wasn't in the mood to redo the low poly renders.

https://vimeo.com/61089712

04 April 2013
It's been a while since my last update. A long while actually. I've been busy with my last retakes and I finally got back to working on the project. I have been working on filling up the environment, making particle systems in After Effects (for a challenge) together with camera tracking, and I have had to rebuild the last two airplanes due to topology issues. I have clean up most of the airplane, but I'm stuck on the section where the tail meets the fuselage. Any tips on how to clean up this topology:

Here is an environment render:

And a link to the wingtip vortex particle effect:

04 April 2013

It will be easier to fix if you did a lowres version and correct it in quad and after subdivided

04 April 2013
Really enjoying your progression. The environment will certainly help sell the motion.
You seem to have already addressed everything I was thinking watching the different animations.

Good job, keep it up.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

05 May 2013
Been awhile again. Iíve been busy rebuilding the F27 and F120NG. The new version is a lot cleaner and more accurate. The panels now also meet up nicely whereas in the previous version I would have cusping all over the place.

Click For Full Size

05 May 2013
After fixing the F27, I've started fixing the F120NG. Here is my progress so far:

Click For Full Size

Still to do:
Cut wings into panels
Make doors and emergency exits
Make windows

05 May 2013
Here is the more or less final animation of my graduation project. I might do a little tweaking here and there to clean it up, but today was the hand in day so this is more or less the final version. Camera shake will be added in in post, so that is something for later.

https://vimeo.com/67382102

Last edited by Snipes-nl : 05 May 2013 at 01:42 PM.

05 May 2013
Seems the video just doesn't want to play here. Click the link if you want to watch it

05 May 2013
I love the way you animated those parts tearing away and coming together again. The only thing I would consider adjusting is the speed with which some of the planes manoeuvre, such as banking. The larger and heavier the aircraft (especially the last one) the slower it will change direction due to inertia, like a lumbering beast of a thing.

05 May 2013
Very cool animation. Are you going to smooth your models? I noticed some obvious cg poly edges here and there on your planes.

05 May 2013
Thanks for the kind words

Concerning the animation speed, I will probably fix that in post after I rendered everything out. There are still a few things I want to change, but this is more or less the final cut. Small adjustments such as speed should be doable though. The last shot as well has some stuff I want to change so that the planes dont look so rigid.

@ AlexSarakapudaff: The models should be more or less smoothed out. Mind telling me which parts you could see obvious cg poly edges?

Thread Closed share thread