My Graduation Project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Made a little bit of the fuselage skin to see how I would go about making it. Will probably end up making the rivets in the texture maps as they eat up polys and are a pain to place :P

Click for Full Size

01 January 2013
Started work on the engine, nothing too flashy yet.

Click for Full Size

01 January 2013
Redid the skinning on the engine part of the wing as well as the engine itself. Still needs a lot of work but wanted to show what I have so far. Enjoy

https://vimeo.com/57609967

01 January 2013
nice.. I thought you will great an animation of the engine with that movie.. personnal deception

01 January 2013
While I was at it, I decided to make a short video of the whole airplane as it is right now.

Enjoy

https://vimeo.com/57666578

01 January 2013
Very nice modeling so far. Are you going to add texture maps, maybe some wear and tear to these modelings? If your planning on putting them in a real world environment they might look strange so pristine and prefect.

01 January 2013
Yep, I will be texturing, animating, lighting, and compositing the shot later on. The animation will be something like the Peugeot Alchemy commercial. The planes will "explode" into pieces and come back together as the next airplane I don't have the exact animation down yet, but I will be working on that after I finish the last airplane (hopefully in 2 weeks).

Regarding the textures, I'll probably let all the planes have some wear and tear so that they aren't pristine like you said.

01 January 2013
Been a while since last update. Was busy with my dissertation and some other personal stuff. Here's what I have now and I hope to finish it tomorrow.

To do are: Ailerons, Engine finishing touches, front landing gear, and I have to cut the skin into separate panels. Wish me luck :P

Full Size Click Here

Full Size Click Here

01 January 2013
Cut the shell into pieces and finalized the rest of the model. Tomorrow I start on the Rekkof F120NG.

Full Size Click Here

01 January 2013
Progress so far on the Rekkof F120NG. Still a lot to do and edit, but why update only when its all pretty right? :P

Full Size Click Here

01 January 2013
I have to ask: how'd you cut up your model? Never thought about going about it as a whole piece and then cutting it up afterward.

01 January 2013
I simply add or modify existing edge loops to fit where I need them to replicate the panels on the plane. I then extract them from the model and extrude and bevel the edges so that its smooth ready.

The benefit of doing it like that is that you can create the whole shape perfectly first and then cut it up and keep the same shape.

For the F.VII I did it differently. There I made the tube framing first and covered it in pre-smooth ready panels. Also, for the F27, I made all the interior braces first and then the skin over it. For the F120NG I'm going to make the skin first due to the fact that I received the 3D model from their company, but I have to recreate it due to the fact that it was a .stp file and it was too messy to use.

02 February 2013
It's been a little while again. I've been busy finalizing the F120NG and today I started work on the animation to give me a break from the modeling.

Just a quick playblast of the animation so far. There is still a lot to fix timing wise, but trying to get most of it blocked out by the end of the week so that I can spend as much time as possible on tweaking the animations.

https://vimeo.com/58923027

Enjoy

02 February 2013
A little update.

Had a lot of crashes but finally got the plane to work again. Changed the timing here and there and replaced the wing animation with something more appealing. Still lots of timing issues to fix though.

https://vimeo.com/59147611

02 February 2013
Third version of the animation so far. I played around with the timings a bit and smoothed out some parts. Added wheel rotation and flipped some camera angles to keep the animation flowing and not crossing the line. I also added in a cloth sim for the under wing so that it falls away in a more pleasing manner.

https://vimeo.com/59228007

C&C always welcome

Thread Closed share thread