Early 1980's Freelance Programmers Office

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #31
I tried to submit it to the 3D Stills Gallery, but it got rejected with the standard; "Your image currently does not meet the general quality level of the Showcase Gallery..." yarda yarda yarda. Very Constructive >.>

Old 01 January 2013   #32
Well in my opinion the lighting still doesn't seem natural... You have this desk spot which seems to be the only source yet it is letting out such a low soft light it looks as though the bulb is only 5 Watts... wouldn't it have more of a hot spot?

I have noticed that my two monitors seem to have completely different gamma, and moving form one to the other the scene is either very dark or way overexposed so perhaps it it partly due to that....

Old 01 January 2013   #33
You should still push this image, it has improved a lot since the first render and has the potential to improve a lot more. At the moment, it's still feeling rather flat.

For inspiration, I present to you this image with a similar theme of nostalgia. http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=922910

Notice how Toni has avoided big flat spaces like the drawers in your image and has used two light sources and a clear foreground and background to make the image more dynamic and interesting.

Old 01 January 2013   #34
That is a brilliant image, I've seen it popup on various websites over the last couple of years.
I'm honestly at a huge lose as to what to do now though, and I'm pretty bummed it got rejected after all the work I've done. I think I might just sit on it for a while, and come back with fresh eyes.

Old 01 January 2013   #35
Don't be bummed by the rejection, hundreds of images get rejected every day, even from top artists. Use this as an opportunity to improve.

Here's another example for inspiration:

It has a strong centre of attention, interesting textures and objects, there's plenty that you could do to improve the image.

If it were me, I'd try a different framing. The monitor is a bit too bright and over exposed. Maybe this is realistic but it's not overly appealing to me.

Anyway, you should keep going.

Old 01 January 2013   #36
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread