Street of Lahore (Crits plz)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Street of Lahore (Crits plz)

Hey hi all, I've been working on this project from quite a while.
I would like to have some critique so can improve my work. And specially what could be the reason that it's not selected for the gallery!
Thanks

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Thumbs up

looks definitely like Lahore, but should be more colorful. luv the rickshaw but you could also add a chingchi(CNG) rickshaw.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Hi,

This is great so far! I don't mean to go overboard, but you asked.

You chose such a wide open space with a lot going on, that you still need to add more detail. For the brown building screen right, it screams cg to me, because it is too uniform.

Your two left doors on screen left, have those red bricks that need to me more randomized.

I love the two leaning power poles. Upon inspection, why is the wire to the upper right curving back on itself? If anything the gravity should have it swoop down in an arc, not sideways.

Are your city streets really that clean? If so, why is there dirt on the yellow building? I would fix this inconsistency; I'd go for a much more dirtier look, considering the believability with the broken poles, the city services may leave much more to clean up.

And everyone will tell you here that the lens flare (although it looks awesome) is too easy to distract the other things that could be fixed, so I would take that out the lens flare and work on other ways to add ambience.

Shadow under the blue car is needed.

Your white painted lines in the street threw me off too; are the delinated marks in the street really that long in your country? I just notice it because I am accustomed to how they look in the U.S. -they are much shorter.

Good luck I hope you take my crits constructively. Peace,

Noah

Old 12 December 2012   #4
I like the models, and I think the road looks good, but the sidewalk seems rather lacking in detail in comparison. I'm no texturing master, in fact it's something I really need to brush up on myself, but it seems like some of your textures need some more work, especially in the foreground. More detail will make the buildings seem more realistic, since right now they look a little flat/bland. Maybe add some more props on the front end of the street too, the thing my eyes were immediately drawn to was the lens flare.

Old 12 December 2012   #5
cool

So far it`s great...i just think that you can put a little bit of dirt in the street, maybe in the walls too...the dirt will make your 3d looks more real, if you know what i mean....hugs

please give your feedback at my image too...it`s called chest final

take it easy

Old 12 December 2012   #6
Thumbs up

@MurtazaRizvi
Thanks for the Comment.

@Fulisshh
Thanks for the Comment.

Old 12 December 2012   #7
@Narntson
Hi Noah, first of all, I would like to thank you for giving some of your important time to my work.
I have noticed all the points you mentioned here, and almost all are valid. And I'm happy to know all the mistakes in my work, on which I can definitely work on and improve.

Now, no this is not necessary that our city streets are that much clean, but this project suppose to portray the better form of it. But I really need to add some dirt to all over the scene to make it more consistant.
And you're right, shadow is somewhat missing under the blue car (Rickshaw).
I'll consider all the points you made.

Thanks. :-)

Old 12 December 2012   #8
@FancyRedFox
Hey hi, Thank you very much for the comment and crit.
I've noticed what you said about the textures, and I must say you are right, detail need to be added to it. Thanks :-)

Old 12 December 2012   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread