Fable 3 Environment WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Fable 3 Environment WIP

Hello there!

I found an interesting piece of concept work for Fable 3 of an industrial street and I thought I would give it a go as it felt like an interesting piece. Currently getting the basic layout correct and the placing of barrels and crates to fill the scene will be shortly moving on to adding detail to the buildings. Lighting is currently a simple Daylight system in Mental Ray but will eventually be testing out using VRay renderer for final outcome. I also will eventually try to add things like rain to give it some dynamic additions.

Concept Sketch

Current WIP

Old 12 December 2012   #2
good start so far, but check your scale. Either the stairs are not wide enough or the barrels are way to big. Right now on the lower parts next to the water it looks like someone would only slip by the barrel.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
good block

it`s good so far...i`ll probably do some more block in the roof shapes, and maybe start modeling some details on the bridge...this kind of render it`s critic for my eyes..i`d like to see more soon!

best regards

Renan

obs....leave your comment on my thread...it`s called chest final

take it easy

Old 12 December 2012   #4
I have made some progress with adding some details to the buildings, I have made the barrels slightly smaller as to make them more suitable.

Old 12 December 2012   #5
started doing some texturing, and some lighting using hdri to try and get an overcast look.

the water is currently a placeholder as im not happy with it atm

Old 12 December 2012   #6
i think you jumped the gun on the lighting and texturing.. i think your modelling could be continued along.. also the new lighting is a bit flat and boring.. i suggest rendering a seperate direct light pass and add it in comp. and yea.. if you are going for a still image, save the water for later and maybe just do it in photoshop

Old 12 December 2012   #7
Originally Posted by ffk123: i think you jumped the gun on the lighting and texturing.. i think your modelling could be continued along.. also the new lighting is a bit flat and boring.. i suggest rendering a seperate direct light pass and add it in comp. and yea.. if you are going for a still image, save the water for later and maybe just do it in photoshop

agreed, I still think there is a bit of modeling that could be done yet. also the stone texture you have on the ground looks a bit big to me, try making it a bit smaller.

Old 12 December 2012   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread