Old Office

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Some changes. what do you think.

11 November 2012
The outside should be almost white, i.e overexposed.
The textures are good. Do you work in game industry?

Last edited by mister3d : 11 November 2012 at 09:01 PM.

11 November 2012
You have a lot of really nice stuff going on here! I as well think you need to shift your focus to the lighting. mister3d is right about needing an over exposed look to the exterior, especially at the angle the sun would be coming in the room. Also, look again at your reference. The area of the far wall has a strong gradient of light as it gets closer to the window. Even though it is not receiving any direct light, real light will bounce and give this effect. Keep on it...

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by mister3d: The outside should be almost white, i.e overexposed.
The textures are good. Do you work in game industry?

Thanks for your comment.
yeah, you're right. I'll do that in final composition.

I used to work in game companies but I'm currently working as Environment Artist in an animation studio

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by BryanWalther: You have a lot of really nice stuff going on here! I as well think you need to shift your focus to the lighting. mister3d is right about needing an over exposed look to the exterior, especially at the angle the sun would be coming in the room. Also, look again at your reference. The area of the far wall has a strong gradient of light as it gets closer to the window. Even though it is not receiving any direct light, real light will bounce and give this effect. Keep on it...

Thanks for your comment
I'll definitely do that

11 November 2012
Nice to see all those details everywhere, but as said, lightning needs lots of work.
There should be loads of dust aswell. Perhaps some nice volumetric light to get some dust in the air.

11 November 2012
Agree with dexyd about the lightings. Texture & models are very good.

11 November 2012
Very nice but add some grime/grunge to the ceiling - when I was looking at buying a house I went into some that had not been lived in for a while and without exception the ceilings had mold on them.

I would also add some specularity in places to the wooden floor which would show up any scratches & damage much better (but that's just what I'd do).

Good work!

11 November 2012
Originally Posted by dexyd: Nice to see all those details everywhere, but as said, lightning needs lots of work.
There should be loads of dust aswell. Perhaps some nice volumetric light to get some dust in the air.

Thanks for your comment

Originally Posted by PKD: Agree with dexyd about the lightings. Texture & models are very good.

Thanks for your comment

Originally Posted by agb1970: Very nice but add some grime/grunge to the ceiling - when I was looking at buying a house I went into some that had not been lived in for a while and without exception the ceilings had mold on them.

I would also add some specularity in places to the wooden floor which would show up any scratches & damage much better (but that's just what I'd do).

Good work!.

Thanks for your comment and your great ideas I would definitely consider them

11 November 2012
a quick composition test I've made today

11 November 2012
Nice work! I think it would be cool if you make the environment wetter. You can add some puddles also. I also like how that branch comes from the left in your firs image, I think you can add it again.

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by Kalata8662: Nice work! I think it would be cool if you make the environment wetter. You can add some puddles also. I also like how that branch comes from the left in your firs image, I think you can add it again.

Thanks for your comment and opinion

I'm currently applying all the feedbacks from here and some more
I will soon post some updates.

01 January 2013
Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank all those who helped me through this with their helps and ideas

Here's what I started with as a reference:

Here are some references that I've used for the new version:
--some real world room references:

--some game environments (mostly 'The Last of Us') and some 3d still images:

To see the large version click HERE.

I hope you like this

01 January 2013
Nice work! Its been great watching this one evolve.

I think your large render looks a little sharp, and could maybe use an ever so slight blur to soften things up. The small high contrast details are taking away from the overall shape and composition.

Could you detail your lighting rig and composition layers a little? I think your lighting is betraying your excellent modelling and texturing work, and could use some adjusting.

-AJ

01 January 2013
Here are some close-ups:

Thread Closed share thread