Sketchbook/doodles/3D models for Critique

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #16
Originally Posted by PKD: Hi,

I think the creature looks good, but you may run into problem with space for 6 head. The size of the head, together with the horns seems to take up too much space, unless you wanted to make the other heads smaller or something.

I am guessing a possible solution is to extend the neck, then it may looks too head heavy, or maybe make the tail longer to give a bit of balance to the creature?

Lookibg forward to the next update

Thanks for the response.. The remaining heads will be smaller than the 'main head' that hosts the ten horns. You can see in the concept sculpt how it works, the two heads to the left and right of the main head are medium size, and then there will be 4 small heads under. This also applies to neck length, giving a 'gradient' effect from the biggest head to the smallest ones. I thought it looks better and more practical this way as I could never fit all 7 same-sized heads into the frame of a leopard unless I went hydra style which would be too conventional and I wanted a more creative approach. Once again thanks for the response, I appreciate it...

Old 11 November 2012   #17
Silly me, I did not see the last page.

Now I have seen it again, I think there is no problem. cheers.

Old 01 January 2013   #18
Hello guys, sorry for not posting in a long time. I failed to do the dragon in time because some things came up but he is far into being finished, I just didn't want to post every small change but bigger updates so I will post the progress here soon enough....

I did a little exercise yesterday, was recording my sculpting and doing a head model... I did this in around 3 hours in Mudbox.. Also, I added some coloring and eyes in photoshop Cheers!

Old 01 January 2013   #19
Hehe a draenei head sculpt I did as a joke, around 2h

Last edited by Comar93 : 01 January 2013 at 04:30 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #20
Here's another quick sculpt I did... around 1h 45min.. I'm improving!

Big update coming soon on the dragon!

Old 02 February 2013   #21
An update on the beast... Model and displacement finished, textures still need be done, eyes, and the armor. I'm also planning out the composition in 3D...

Please give me feedback

Edit: I don't like this camera angle cause the long neck is hidden behind the main head and it looks weird, like there is no neck...

Think it looks much better from the front view but it's not interesting.. I need to find a good camera angle that both shows the model properly and looks dynamic...

Last edited by Comar93 : 02 February 2013 at 05:47 AM.

Old 02 February 2013   #22
I think I found a way better solution.. The whole composition will be directed from left to right to indicate movement and action, like the beast is rising out of 'the abyss'. The abyss is behind the cliff and will have flames pouring out, and the beast will be chained with the chains flowing to the abyss, some being shattered from the force of the movement. What do you think?

Old 02 February 2013   #23
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread