Aston Martin db5

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Aston Martin db5

The idea was to make something that is photo real. I hope you can give pointers and crits on the result so far, esp with composition:

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Not partictularly accurate i'm afraid.

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numptus1
Not partictularly accurate i'm afraid.

Could you point out the problem areas?

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Hi PsYcHZ

I think some deeper shadows underneath the car would help because I feel that overall there are a lot of mid and high tones...but not many dark areas to help bring the car into the environment. The chrome on the front is a bit on the blown-out side and could use some darker reflections to help define it's shape...i would say the same for the windows (specially on the passenger side) and headlights. Also i think the side of the car facing us should be a bit darker to help those darker tones i had mentioned. Not sure how to accomplish this technically, but just wanted to give my opinion. Really love the model and good choice on the car

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Body shape is wrong, too long, wrong angle to windshield, missing wing mirrors. etc, etc...

Old 09 September 2012   #6
How much reference had to used first of all, I agree with Numptus1 being to long but also looks too wide, the transition shape from the door to the back doesn't look as smooth, you have the door frame flat but it actually has a slight curvature comes down at an angle.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Something small I would add, the car doesn't appear to have any weight, it should be compressing the tires some. Also, where are all the Q Branch modifications? (just kidding)

Old 10 October 2012   #8
Thanks for the comments

Here is an update. I've played with the render in photoshop to get these results.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/...low_q_take2.jpg
For those who mentioned inaccuracies in the model, I followed the reference material I dug up as closely of possible. I got my hands on a top, side front back view image, but It was drawn up by an artist, so my human touch (aka inaccuracies) have followed that of the artists as well.

Old 10 October 2012   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguedude
Something small I would add, the car doesn't appear to have any weight, it should be compressing the tires some. Also, where are all the Q Branch modifications? (just kidding)

You sure about that? Most cars I see, including period 1960's cars dont seem to have any noticeable sag in them... '

That being said, I think a blown V8 is in order

Old 10 October 2012   #10
Looking good! I still think the shadows could be a little darker...i did a quick photoshop adjustment to push the shadows and chrome a bit to hopefully try to illustrate what i said in my previous comment Still loving how this is turning out, keep it up man

http://postimage.org/image/56l9haafn/

Old 10 October 2012   #11
Try changing the background image, i bet it would help with the presentation, in my opnion your main problems are lighting and composition.

Old 10 October 2012   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafamathard
Try changing the background image, i bet it would help with the presentation, in my opnion your main problems are lighting and composition.

The background isnt an image. Its the scene I put the car in. This is the reference I got for the whole idea:

Old 10 October 2012   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread