can i call this final

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
can i call this final

hi i was working for a long time on this scene but i'm not sure what i can add or remove to make it final.Please if you have any idea to help i will be grateful.

My Blog

09 September 2012
Hi hichamdi!

I like the character and the scene
I am a little confused on the character's position and its purpose? He appears to be sitting on something, but from the camera position and the lack of shadow detail underneath him it is hard to understand that he is indeed sitting on something. Maybe make it a longer bench or change the camera position to more of a side view so we can see the chair more clearly.
Also what is his intentions? Is he thinking of something? Waiting for someone? Scared? Or perhaps looking at something on the other side of the alley that is bothering him. My suggestion would be have him sitting lower in the chair and because he looks to be an older age maybe give him a more worn body expression. Tilting his head a bit too if indeed he is looking at something...you know, like a inquisitive look where he is trying to figure out what he is looking at. His post is symmetrical, i would have one if his forearms resting on the hilt of the walking cane and maybe the other tugging at his beard.

Also the lighting looks a bit blown out on my computer. The horns are almost glowing a bit much and the light from the window could be less intense to help bring out some of the detail on the window frame and the potted plant. I like the texture on the building itself and i would bring the same kind of wear and tear to the door. Maybe put a peephole in the door and you can spin it like the old man is a bouncer at an exclusive club...just something kinda funny

Just my two cents

09 September 2012
First, thank you for your reply I appreciate it . I read your suggestions more than once it's very detailed and helpful. I like working in Maya but i have real issues with render, camera position... I just want to create something simple, cartoonish and funny.I will try to make changes based upon your notes.Thank you again.

09 September 2012
No prob! they are just suggestions and you can do whatever you want until you are happy with the results I understand how difficult working in any of the 3d programs (been out of the game for so very long i'm just now recently getting back into it...i always find myself saying "Back in my day...." ) but practice makes perfect and you just stick with what you like whatever it might be and take the criticism bad or good...its all growth, but remember that not everyone is right in what they say and you have to be the judge of that.

Looking forward to seeing your progression! Keep it up!

09 September 2012
Thank you for the advise, and good luck in your getting back to the game

09 September 2012
thanks!

09 September 2012
for me, the shoes shader are way too blow out

09 September 2012
thanks Scote for your remark, i will fix that

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread