Night cartoon scene by aZes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  09 September 2012
Night cartoon scene by aZes

Hello, this is the first illustration3D of a series of images, with a style "cartoon", working with modeling, texturing/shaders, character design, rigging / skinning and overall lighting.

I need comments to make the illustration better!

Sorry my english! :(

 
  09 September 2012
:) awesome!

Really love the work on all of this!!!
Not sure if i am quite understanding the story behind this scene? But the boy looks scared I am assuming so perhaps some kinda of hint to a monster on the other side of the door? A Monster's Inc spin on it with a tentacle creeping over the open door. Or a shadow of a figure against the bookcase (might have to lighten up that area a bit to do or the shadow will not read that well).

Great stuff! Also this might be on my end of viewing it, but maybe intensify some of the lighting in the room to bring out some the details on your props?
 
  09 September 2012
Originally Posted by goatrape: Really love the work on all of this!!!
Not sure if i am quite understanding the story behind this scene? But the boy looks scared I am assuming so perhaps some kinda of hint to a monster on the other side of the door? A Monster's Inc spin on it with a tentacle creeping over the open door. Or a shadow of a figure against the bookcase (might have to lighten up that area a bit to do or the shadow will not read that well).

Great stuff! Also this might be on my end of viewing it, but maybe intensify some of the lighting in the room to bring out some the details on your props?

Hello Goatrape!

thank you very much for your comments!

The idea of ​​the illustration is that, a child frightened by something behind the door.

my friends told me that lack it, the threat, I thought that only the light and the pose of the child would be enough and I'm seeing that no :(

the truth is that I thought to do some little critters in the door, like a menacing shadows, but I dont think in tentacles, and I think a great idea. Besides, I think it would be easy to make and fast, a style of simpsom's aliens.

Thank you for you feedback!

Sorry my english
__________________
Linkedin
Reel2014
Portafolio
 
  09 September 2012
No prob man!
Cannot wait to see what you do next!!! Keep up the good work
 
  09 September 2012
It's good. But I can cut it in the middle into two pieces. There should be more connection in the center of the picture. Also from the left the darkness can be cut off, as it's not too connected too. So it must be more highlighted with accents or another way.
 
  09 September 2012
first your render is great i love the cartoon style, for the story i think what goatrape said about a monster hint will make the scene much better.Good luck.





My Blog

Last edited by hichamdi : 09 September 2012 at 01:46 PM.
 
  09 September 2012
I really like this! congrats on some good work. look forward to seeing more.
 
  10 October 2012
Thank you very much for yours replys!!! I work to make the illustration better with yours opinions in my mind!

Soon i will update the ilustration!

Cheers
__________________
Linkedin
Reel2014
Portafolio
 
  10 October 2012
Is it me or there is something wrong with the lighting?

The boy seems to be lighted by something but its clearly not from outsidethe door.

If you want to convey that he is afraid of something from the door, logically, the light should be from outside the door.


Also, he looks like sneaking, or really for a sprint out of the door, han afraid. I think he will look more convincing if he had 2 feet on the floor, & the hand lowered.
__________________
My WIP Thread:
Next Gen Lara Croft 3D Model Fanart
 
  10 October 2012
Originally Posted by PKD: Is it me or there is something wrong with the lighting?

The boy seems to be lighted by something but its clearly not from outsidethe door.

If you want to convey that he is afraid of something from the door, logically, the light should be from outside the door.


Also, he looks like sneaking, or really for a sprint out of the door, han afraid. I think he will look more convincing if he had 2 feet on the floor, & the hand lowered.


Yeah! You are very hard with me. I like it.

You opinion is good. Im with you in somethings. I think that next update i fix something that you comments in you post.

I see that the character's pose dont understand well, i fix these. I work now in the ilumination.

In 2 days i will upload a new update of the ilustration. I will wait your comments

Thank you again and sorry my english!

__________________
Linkedin
Reel2014
Portafolio
 
  10 October 2012
Originally Posted by azes: Yeah! You are very hard with me. I like it.

You opinion is good. Im with you in somethings. I think that next update i fix something that you comments in you post.

I see that the character's pose dont understand well, i fix these. I work now in the ilumination.

In 2 days i will upload a new update of the ilustration. I will wait your comments

Thank you again and sorry my english!


Your English is better than my Spanish, . Ok, will look forward to your updates.
__________________
My WIP Thread:
Next Gen Lara Croft 3D Model Fanart
 
  10 October 2012
Hi there!

I just fell in love with your cartoony scene. This inspired me a lot to make a garret with a grandma that is knitting in her chair, in the background there will be a monster looking over her shoulder.

I am wondering how you managed to make such beautiful render. What render engine did you use and which lighting and stuff?
 
  10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.