1940's Living Room

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #16
Originally Posted by Scote: great work so far. You need to add some High frequency

Thanks, but what's High Frequency? Sorry I'm a Vray noob and Google wasn't much help.

Old 09 September 2012   #17
Oh sorry, I was mistake.. it's low frequency you need.

High and Low fequencies is a term in the industry of art i think for detailly a texture.

Let say you have a street road. It's generaly grey. So you get a texture of grey color. But Now it's look too simple right, so you add noise on it or few spot of color maybe that you tiles. That's high frequency.

In Close up you see the details, but when you walk out you don't really see a big chance on your street.

You need low frequency to add real details on it like durt in the corners, some cracks there and there.

In General, CG people who don't aware of textures and shaders always do highfrequency and something they add to many lowfrequency so now it's like a high frequency in closeup.

To be less CG, things need Low Frequency

Because your seat look to perfect = too CG
like the radio station and the phone table. Maybe try to get a reflection map to break that.

like the floor in that Up! house real version, you see the floor have low frequency, it's not just wood, it's wood with color variation, so when you look far like that you see more natural thing and it;s look real (well it is lol)

Or the seat here is not just red, you see a variation of red who made it real not a red color shader.

Hope I have well explain my point.. (try to train myself to be a CG teacher someday) lol

Last edited by Scote : 09 September 2012 at 04:02 AM.

Old 09 September 2012   #18
Thanks for the detailed explanation! It's appreciated

Old 09 September 2012   #19
Small update, I've been messing around with the lighting plus some work on the rug has been done.

Old 10 October 2012   #20
Probably one of my last updates for this project. Mostly just lighting work has been completed since the last update as I've run out of ideas to improve on this piece.
I'll be submitting it to the 3D Stills gallery soon, so if you have any C&C speak now or forever hold your peace.

Old 10 October 2012   #21
A quick update as my friend pointed out the carpet texturing was tiling! Whoops!

Old 10 October 2012   #22
The size of certain items are too small versus the scene. The telephone is a bit too small, also the table lamp. If you can import a tpose character you can fix your size

Old 10 October 2012   #23
Maybe it's just a really small lamp But yeah, I get your point. I'll do some fiddling around later this afternoon. Pretty keen to wrap this scene up soon as I have another one in mind.

Old 10 October 2012   #24
Quicky update; I did about 20 minutes worth of fiddling and I also chucked a light into the radio.

Old 10 October 2012   #25
Very minor update, I rendered a higher resolution image.

Old 10 October 2012   #26
Try adding a rimlight for accents.

Old 10 October 2012   #27
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread