Mini Cooper, critique on compositing.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Mini Cooper, critique on compositing.

Hi guys,

I would like your opinion and critique on my compositing (shader, lighting, shadow, ...)

thanks.

Old 09 September 2012   #2
The perspective distortion is too much. Thats the first thing to be fixed. Also I think the mini lack a bit of details, & the profiles are not smooth.

Do you have some views of the car only.

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Clearly the glass are wrong.. Use a Incidence

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Hello,

As Scote said sort the transparency and reflection of the glass.
The shadows in front of the car are completely wrong compared to the sun light. Also potentially the colour of the shadows need to have more blue tones if I am comparing them to the original image?... Hard to tell from here.

On the red bumper/hood closest to us there seems to be a strange specular which seems unnatural compared to the sun direction again. Seems too saturated in that area.

Also I am wondering... If you notice how much darker the shadow side of the railings are in the image compared tot he sunny sides, should the wheels be darker than they are considering they are out of the sun and it is getting dusky?.. not sure but worth playing with maybe.

Getting there though good work Look forward to the progress.

Will

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Hi guys,
thanks for help me.

I adjusted some things.

What do you think?

Old 09 September 2012   #6
looking very good! I like the adjustments you made to the glass I think the shadows on the front right of the car might be too dark imho. Also the rims are a little blown out and could be darkened a bit...not completely but a little more would help...i just feel like that is what i look at first when viewing the image. Are you going to put a driver behind the wheel? Maybe add some motion blur on the wheels too...in reality that car would get plowed by another car behind if he was just parked in the middle of the road like that. Or lets say if it was a product shot you can have the car in a more dynamic position so it would make more sense for it being in the middle of the road like that...make it slightly turned and crossing over to the other lane a bit to add some more interest to the scene

Good job so far man!!!

Old 09 September 2012   #7
The sun should be brighter.

Old 09 September 2012   #8
Thank for advices.
I don't think to put a driver behind the wheel. I would like to create a static image with the car stopped.

Old 09 September 2012   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread