Hop project. (NFW)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
Hop project. (NFW)

A character that is an exploration droid gone wrong, or right depending on which dimension you look at the story from .

Cheerio

08 August 2012
Nice. love the hair cut.

08 August 2012
Scote thankyou for dropping by!

08 August 2012
Have you plan to texture it?

08 August 2012
Model looks really great.

Hard to critics as the image is too small, but looks very well made from the small image you have.

It could be the camera, but the legs seems too long for the character, even if you intent for a stylize look.

& where is the nudity warning. Some of us could be viewing this from the office!

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by PKD: & where is the nudity warning. Some of us could be viewing this from the office!

Yeah and girls might see what you are looking at.

Kanga, when you say "an exploration droid gone wrong", what went wrong with it? Was it a rigging problem or something that we can't see without wires? Looks fine to me I have to say.

08 August 2012
Cool work, Kanga! Very nice also the styling! Had also slightly the feel that her legs were somewhat long - looking almost like stretched on the last render (while proportions donít bother me at all on your nude drawings - shame on you btw, to post such HC material! What does your mother say?). Apropos last render: the hair isnít the truly sexy thing, which is ok (reminding me on some characters of the great comic artist Liberatore), but the back of the head could look the more sexy then, more detailed.

I like also the wing stuff around her waist on the last drawing (even if not that practical, but looking original).

Cheers

08 August 2012
@Scote yes she will get a good texturing

@PKD Yo, you have to right click on the image and select 'View Image'. These boards don't have a resize warning and this image should just about fill your monitor Sorry bout th nekkid warning, these should have been included!

@Dillster Thanks man! Nah the story behind the character is that she is an interuniverse probe that thinks she is real. Pinocchio syndrome She doesn't really have wires yet because the model is just the stub and has to get a retopo. I thought I would do that after some comments.

@zokana hey there. I think Gretchen needs to take this one to church with her ha ha! Yeah the hairstyle is based on Lorry Petty's version of Tank Girl. I managed to score a copy of it so will comb through the film to check out the back of the head. Even so it should still be sexy! The wing stuff for the belt is trying out the insert curve brushes in zbrush's new 4R4. I think they are amazing when you combine them with your own mesh. The legs on the model were thinned off a little due to the extra thickness of the costume I think. Other than that the proportions should be fairly close.

Thanks everyone for the remaks. They are always very helpful.

Cheerio

Last edited by Kanga : 08 August 2012 at 06:08 PM.

08 August 2012
The torso is greatly done. I especially love the face - the forward look of the upper lip together with the slightly pointed lower lip. Also the eye area is very elegant. IMO not so good the ears because they are too detailed for being stylised while the shape isnít that correct. It wouldnít bother at all with a more usual haircut, but the Tank Girl styling draws the attention at that part. Iíd rather try a more human shape with some boxy elements also there.

Concerning the legs itís getting harder to say something - iím starting already to get used to her spider legs. Did check now some terrific real legs to see the proportional length of the muscle forms, getting to the conclusion that the vastus medialis thing of your girl was proportionally rather small - the shape could go up to the middle of the thigh, circa.(and it would give also a tiny bit more volume above the knee there in rear view)

Cheers

Last edited by zokana : 08 August 2012 at 09:53 PM.

08 August 2012
great work man

keep studying!

08 August 2012
@zokana hey thanks! Yes the ears need attention and what you wrote sounds like very good solutions. Also the volume inside above knee would make the leg more shapely like you say.

@Fulisshh thanks! Yes the study never stops

Cheerio

08 August 2012
nice work, but I think her abs are too narrow (exspecially around the belly), I watched some reference even from very defined women-abs and found them more spread out. The transition of them is nice and soft, you did a good job on that. But if you had a refference that was just like that, then I keep quiet

and I am a girl shame on you

08 August 2012
haha, I think I am making a fool of myself when I said image is too small.

I can see the full image now. I think it looks amazing. Only have a few critics

1) After seeing it for a good few minutes, the legs are still too long. I think the feet should end around halfway mark at your current lower leg.

2) Too symetric, & the guns & the stuff at the backpack looks all looks too vertical & parallel. Offset in angle a bit of the parts can make a difference.

3) The nake model is pretty high quality & accurate anatomically (in a stylishness way, except the legs of course), but you may want to relook at the rib cage area between the breast. There is 2 little bumps that looks unnatural.

08 August 2012
@Sundaynights Thankyou, those are good points

@PKD Nope you are no fool I asked a while back for the image: full size button like most sites have. However the site wizards here are pretty busy and not all things are easy to integrate.
Thanks for the pointers, especially the symmetry and positioning of things.

Cheerio!

09 September 2012
Thumbs up

Very nice Kanga! I agree the ear needs some work. There are small things I outlined in my opinion.
You definitely make progress with anatomy, as last characters look more balanced, and you seem to get past anatomy crisis, with every muscle outlining.
There's a small fold on the opposite side of the knee, it's always there for girls of that age.
Generally it looks very good from sculpture point of view.

Thread Closed share thread