The White House

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #16
Oh, I feel this

Old 08 August 2012   #17
@Artbot: Haha still trying to translate that into German to get the intended meaning :P

@AlexSarakapudaff: haha nope, German-American Oh it has plenty of missiles inside the 4 rocket pods mounted to the wings!

@fluidfxtd: Thanks! Yeah this is just stuff with simple shaders thrown together. Basically way too early and didn;t made much sense as well

@pgajlewicz: Yeah

Hope my job gets less time consuming soon so I have more room for this stuff. I really want to get those two assets out of the door and do some cool stills and shots with them. Picturing the Mi-24 wih the camera following it from behind, flying over the south lawn of the White House, al the high res trees react to the wind of the Mi-24 etc...plenty of options!

Cheers
Andre

Old 09 September 2012   #18
Just a little subtle update.

I completely remodeled the windows and their frames to exact blueprints, the ones before were kinda rubbish

Hoping to come up with more interesting updates soon!

Click on the image for full res

Cheers
Andre

Old 09 September 2012   #19
Originally Posted by ACantarel: @Artbot: Haha still trying to translate that into German to get the intended meaning :P

"Okay, now you are just taunting the spooks!" means you are purposefully trying to invoke a reaction from covert security forces (like the CIA/FBI, etc.). I know we are all joking around here, but the government doesn't take innuendo lightly, and they have little or no sense of humor, no matter how good a modeler you are!

Old 09 September 2012   #20
Hahaha ok i see I bet I am already on some sort of list due to my intense White House research :P I hope they are that clever and figure out I am working in the vfx industry and it might be related to that. If they are that humorless, the whole movie industry needs to be arrested

Cheers
Andre

Old 09 September 2012   #21
Originally Posted by ACantarel: Hahaha ok i see I bet I am already on some sort of list due to my intense White House research :P I hope they are that clever and figure out I am working in the vfx industry and it might be related to that. If they are that humorless, the whole movie industry needs to be arrested

Cheers
Andre

http://nvisionapp.com/video/article...y-greece-sequel

Old 09 September 2012   #22
lol!
But all I am doing is accessing material that's online already. Hehe i don;t go onto the lawn to take pics by myself even though it would be cool

Cheers
Andre

Old 09 September 2012   #23
looks awesome! Can't wait for more updates B]

Old 10 October 2012   #24
@mcswagger07: Me too :-P Working on a list of last bits and pieces that are left to do and then finally start texturing and shading that thing Can't wait to push some sort of realism into it!

Old 10 October 2012   #25
@mcswagger07: Me too :-P Working on a list of last bits and pieces that are left to do and then finally start texturing and shading that thing Can't wait to push some sort of realism into it!

To put some sort of realism in this... you are kidding right?

Old 10 October 2012   #26
@Artdigital: Hehe there's still A LOT to do Nice textures, details, interior stuff behind the windows, shading, lighting... right now it's just a few plain shaders on the whole thing. And especially the roof surfaces need a lot of love

Old 10 October 2012   #27
Little update. Finally re-modeled all windows in a more accurate way and they all have the paneling interior stuff behind them as well.
I kinda like the overall diffuse light

Click on image for 4K version

More stuff soon, hope you like it!

Cheers
Andre

Old 10 October 2012   #28
And just the other side in the same kinda light.

Click on image for 4K version.

Cheers
Andre

Old 10 October 2012   #29
Very nice and inspiring modeling Andre, I like it a lot. Can't wait to see it's done. I also hope to see you working on your Mi-24 again soon.

Old 10 October 2012   #30
Very impressive...it looks like you added some chromatic abberation, correct me if I'm wrong. Keep it up!

Thread Closed share thread