The White House

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
The White House - High Resolution

Beside the Mi-24 I am also working on a high resolution White House.

All is work in progress and just with some basic shaders applied.

The most tricky thing is actually the research and sometimes it is very time consuming to find the right pictures for a certain area. It's not that people can just walk around everywhere and take pictures like they want :-P

So far I am working on the center piece which is called the Residence but Westwing and Eastwing will follow as well of course.

Everything has small 3d bevels and is "meshsmoothable". I think i'm going to texture it with a mix of projections for the large areas, PTex for the ornaments and maybe even traditional unwrapping for certain pieces. I'll find out later down the road.

So here are some work in progress renders of the current state:

Click on image for full res

Let's see what I can do with a Mi-24 and the White House later

I hope you like it!

Cheers
Andre

Last edited by ACantarel : 08 August 2012 at 01:31 AM.

08 August 2012
Insanely good so far, can't wait to see what you can do with heli and whitehouse together! Look forward to seeing some of the textures start to be applied.

N

Nick Marshall
Head of Environments / Generalists
Double Negative :: Vancouver
www.dneg.com

Last edited by nickmarshallvfx : 08 August 2012 at 11:43 AM.

08 August 2012
Well, this level of detail is insane! I understand when someone makes all small details of cars, bikes and all those small objects but... a white house! Good and patient work.

And only one vision comes to me with white house and russian Mi-24.... Be careful man... FBI, CIA... they see everything man!

08 August 2012
Are in the Independence Day sequel production? lol

Your insane overall in details man. I'm sure with texturing it will be better.

08 August 2012
This is high quality stuff. I will be watching this closely.

Just a question, how did you get high quality photos to make the white house. I am sure you can't take a camea & snap away like other places.

08 August 2012
@nickmarshallvfx: Thanks! Yeah can;t wait to start texturing and make everything look a bit nicer!

@pgajlewicz: Yeah haha after some first reserach I found out that the White House has actually A LOT of detail! First I thought it's just like a white box with windows but there are ornaments and stuff everywhere. Lol I'm waiting for them to knock on my door every other moment

@Scote: Haha well lets see Yeah some texture detail will improve the whole thing for sure.

@PKD: Finding good photo reference was a pain in the butt. I spent hours after hours findinbg the photo for certain parts. It took me 5 hours to find a good enough photo showing the gate which is under the stairs :-P Fun, fun... Easily 1/3 of the time so far was spent on finding reference.

Working on more stuff, updates soon

Cheers
Andre

08 August 2012
Stunning work, ACantarel!! Impressive detailing! Not sure whether your work wasn’t getting a security issue...

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by ACantarel:
Let's see what I can do with a Mi-24 and the White House later

Besides get you on a FBI watchlist?

Just kidding (sort of). Stunning work as usual.

08 August 2012
Absolutely amazing detailing and quality! (no surprise coming form you though). Incredible how you could achieve such a level. Stunning though ID4 did come to mind aswell.

08 August 2012
@zokana: Thanks! Haha don;t think so. All that information is accessible to public, you just have to dig very deep

@Artbot: Lol I wouldn't be surprised to be on a sort of watch list. All the stuff I did intense research about over the past years... "knock knock" oh wait, there's someone at the front door

@Artdigital: Thnaks for the kind words! Yeah the level of detail... sometimes a kinda burden :P

As usual, my job keeps me busy during the day and surprise, during the night now as well!
But yeah, update will follow asap. Can;t wait to get this one done!

Cheers
Andre

08 August 2012
Looking outstanding already even without any textures. May I ask how many polygons have you got on it so far?

08 August 2012
@AlexSarakapudaff: Thanks Can;t wait to throw some stuff on the surfaces!

Hehe, got carried away yesterday night... very long way to go for this but it was fun to play around

Click on image for 4K version

One day... one day.

Cheers
Andre

08 August 2012
Okay, now you are just taunting the spooks!

08 August 2012
Lol Andre! Russian military helicopter over the White House. Are you also Russian? You gotta add some missiles on it.

08 August 2012
This is really great job done so far, n I love the over all looks....keep it up Andre

Thread Closed share thread