Skyrim

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
Skyrim

Hy

This is the start of character based on game skyrim, any suggestions and critiques are welcome.......Thanks for all

Last edited by brudwaiser3 : 01 January 2013 at 05:28 AM.

Old 08 August 2012   #2

Last edited by brudwaiser3 : 01 January 2013 at 05:20 AM.

Old 08 August 2012   #3

Last edited by brudwaiser3 : 10 October 2013 at 06:04 AM.

Old 08 August 2012   #4
Nice progress so far. What are your goals with this project? I am asking because it does look a lot like the model from the game, which is fine if you are just working on your modeling skills. But I am hoping you are going to add some things from yourself because the original Skyrim model is already is a state of art and recognized by many people, so I just do not see the point of redoing a 3D character model that had been done so successfully, unless for the reason I mentioned.

Old 08 August 2012   #5
If you want reference. My teacher use to be the guy who model and texture the E3 poster version: http://stevejubinville.com/arts/arts_videogames.html

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Alex

you have reason I'm training my skills, and this character and configuration based on my personal game, my armor, thanks

Scote

excellent teacher, and beautiful work ... thanks

Last edited by brudwaiser3 : 01 January 2013 at 05:51 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #7

Old 01 January 2013   #8

Old 03 March 2013   #9

Last edited by brudwaiser3 : 07 July 2013 at 04:28 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Nice stuff. Never was a fan of the Iron or cuffed steel armor though... an Ebony guy myself. Could be because I'm partial to Morrowind and always play Dunmer :P

His eyebrows look a little too pinched just above the nose bridge; if he's going to be squinting in a scene thats one thing but in neutral his face looks awfully pinched.

Old 04 April 2013   #11
Quartermaster

you're right about the eyes..

I think this face is not cool, but the helmet solved the problem haha, I'll make the eyes again, hopefully a little better .... thanks for the comments.

Old 07 July 2013   #12

Old 10 October 2013   #13

Last edited by brudwaiser3 : 10 October 2013 at 05:19 AM.

Old 10 October 2013   #14
The texturing are pretty awesome.

One thing I will look out for is not to feel genetic. For instance, all the leather parts seems to be of the same base texture map. The same can be said of the metal bits, except the helm.

Considering having a little variation, different wear & age level, possible different type of skin as well. So not to give the impression that they are made from a same skin, on the same day.

I will also take away the loops on the horns for the helm. It doesn't work here, & elephant tusk style texture will be better, for the shape you have.

There are shape crease at the end of his mouth also, & the mouth area itself can be much improved. Considered that it will be the area that will be exposed after wearing helm, I will put some work on this area.

Old 10 October 2013   #15
Excellent job man!

Thread Closed share thread