We are sorry, but your recent art submission to the CGTalk Gallery has been declined

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
We are sorry, but your recent art submission to the CGTalk Gallery has been declined

Hi All! please tell me what is wrong with my work. Neither work is not held in the gallery. Give advice on how to improve to the required level of my latest work. Thank you!
Large images can be viewed on my blog http://sharben3d.blogspot.com/

upload photo

free image hosting

hosting images

picture hosting

upload pictures

07 July 2012
Looks pretty realistic to me! I'm not into architecture or interior design, so I can't criticize on image composition or whatever criteria is usually employed to evaluate this kind of work.

07 July 2012
Its good, things are just really high standard now. I used to get in all the time but I haven't since they raised their standards in like 2009 or whenever it was. What programs are you using?

07 July 2012
the first image seems to be in your portfolio, are you sure its not some sort of mistake

07 July 2012
Quote: the first image seems to be in your portfolio, are you sure its not some sort of mistake

He can add pictures to his portfolio but He can't join the main posting forum.. you need to summit it and wait.. but he's been rejected.

07 July 2012
Using program 3DsMax+Vray.

07 July 2012
Heya!

I've been recently setting up my online profile as well, so I don't have too much experience yet. But I have looked at architectural/interior design submissions. E.g. recent ones:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=132&t=1059440
and
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=132&t=1060454

From a quick comparison, I'd say accepted submissions have better composition - a balance between environment and interesting design. Their colour schemes are more dramatic - a wider range of dark to bright colours that draw your attention. And their texture/materials/render quality is better - more layers of textures (e.g. dirt texture on wall).

I think you have the ability to execute a worthy submission, but you just need a more invigorating subject and an engaging composition to display it with.

Keep trying!

07 July 2012
The examples that Mira posted also have some "lens" interference, simulating a real picture, like vignetting, dof, etc.
Remember that when you rearrange your composition; using this wisely can bring your work to another level.
Btw, please post your progress, it's looking really good already.

08 August 2012
The bedroom shots nice for me. But theres a few things in the other one I think you could probably work on. The column looks like plastic could use some more variation in the texture, less gloss and a darker color. Perhaps the column should be closer to the color of the stairs. Also, the grey rug is a bit monotone perhaps it need some varied colors as well. The rug in the bedroom shot is superior. And the kitchen back there, something doesnt seem right but I will digress on that since kitchens in Russia might be different. The stove in particular looks like its just a 2d picture hanging on the wall. It should maybe pop out a bit from the wall. They are good renderings though there is not much that can be done.

Last edited by StarSlicer : 08 August 2012 at 12:53 AM.

08 August 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread