US soldier version 2, with reference for free use. must give credit though.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2012
You just have to check your first page.. My picture link is there...

I'm sure if you look to your side view, you will see that you mouth and jaw are too far.

When you ask for comments.. post always two views at less.. front and side are the better

07 July 2012
okay stay on ill post some pics of front and side in a second. my computer is so damn suckky.
:(

07 July 2012
heres a side view tell me whats wrong thanks.

07 July 2012
2 small but very useful tips that i use on a daily basis.
first of all, try modeling your head with its eyes closed, its way less detail and easier, then later on(if you want) you can sculpt away the middle of the eyelid and add a sphere for the eyeball.

second, model the mouth closed.
Make a hole where the overall mouth should be, the length of the mouth stretched from inner eye to inner eye.
first model the upper lip, mask the upper lip so you cant change that and then model the bottom lip.
This will give a more realistic mouth.

Hope it helps, good luck!

07 July 2012
i think in mudbox its called freeze, there is a mask but in my version of mudbox it didn't do what i wanted it to do hehe.

07 July 2012
okay heres the improved head,everything should be accurate now, let me know whats wrong by editing the photos. thanks.

im modeling the eyes and mouth open because of preparing for rigging and animation which will come later, i hoped to have this done sofar, but i guess i still need more practice.

07 July 2012
ish .. you plan rigging and animation? don't model so Highres if your displacement maps will alter your basemesh.

Try to step down at your level 0 subdivision and work with the basemesh.. ish you can't get you base shape bloking with level 0 to try in higher steps.

07 July 2012
I use the mesh base as a low resolution model from which i use displacement and bump mapping to create the high resolution result, and animation and rigging, im not new to it at all, im experienced in that, its just the modeling that i need work on. but thanks for the advice anyways.

07 July 2012
heres work on the vest without any attachments

07 July 2012
heres the ciras load bearing kit on my soldier still incomplete. but its looks good to me sofar. lols.

07 July 2012
okay so i have begun work on the rifle for now, i need mmore practice, :/

07 July 2012
Looks like your barrell might be too long. I assume you are modelling a standard M4A1RIS with a 7.5inch handguard?

07 July 2012
Chamfer is your best friend!

07 July 2012
yes and its my favourite gun, i love the m4, ar15 and m16 i fixed the barrel length, it should be accurate now, i was going for a 20 inch barrel but now it should be the proper length.

07 July 2012
Originally Posted by punkeltje: Chamfer is your best friend!

yes it is i use it alot, but keep in mind im making stuff for video games and animation, so i have to keep the poly count down. ;( but I will create a high poly version to use for bump mapping to my low poly version, which is high poly compared to current gen video games cus i hope to make video games for the next generation. so like the next five years and what not is what im looking at not current consoles or computers, mine is outdated personally, and i need a new one, but dont have the money, :(

Thread Closed share thread