Aquaman WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2012   #1
Aquaman WIP

This is my new wip project of Aquaman. I've searched the web for a actor who would be very good at this roll and I think that this one is Aquaman as Christopher Reeve is Superman. This is a project in its early stage so comments are very welcome. Thanks

Old 06 June 2012   #2
Hey guys,
little update of the progress. If you see something that I don't please let me know, so do comment.
Cheers

Old 06 June 2012   #3
Awesome

Beautiful sculpting! The only thing that I noticed was the shape of the under part of the tip of the nose. It looks like it should dip down a bit more. Also the nostril should be thinner where the nostril meets the more bulbous part of the nose. One question: how do you do your scales for the suit? I have tried a similar look before and did not achieve as clean of an outcome.

Old 07 July 2012   #4
Thank you for your comments Bryan Walther. I added some more details on the nose and more details on the gloves and did texture. I am not very concern about material and shader, because I have to worry about that in 3ds max. Your question about clothing if it relates to flakes, the most important was unwrap that all litter properly. I did unwrap in 3d coat for greater control over it.

Old 07 July 2012   #5
Wow looks great.....you should consider webbed gloves.....just a thought

Old 08 August 2012   #6
Hey guys,

thank you all for your comments. I have finally find some free time for my soul to finish this render. I hope you like it.

Cheers

Old 08 August 2012   #7
indeed ... a very nice piece Predrag
>Alex the Greek <
>Citroen DS<

Old 08 August 2012   #8
The render looks great, but it doesn't feel like underwater. He looks more like standing o a normal rock surround by air, not water.

The modeling/sculpt work, texture are amazing though.

Old 08 August 2012   #9
Nice WIP!! keep it up Predrag

Old 08 August 2012   #10
Thank you for the kind words. Here are some closeups.

Cheers

Old 08 August 2012   #11
his neck bulges out a little too much i think,
and maybe the proportions of his head by like 1 or 2%, it should be a touch thinner.

other than that awesome texturing

Old 08 August 2012   #12
That's excellent sculpting, you nailed the actors likeness extremely well. What brushes or alphas did you use for his facial skin details and pores?

Old 08 August 2012   #13
Thank you for comments! You can easily make alphas from photos in Photoshop and you need good photo references with large resolution. You can also make pores when texturing using the photo to make bump on object.

Old 08 August 2012   #14
I know how to do that thanks. I was curious if thats how you did it, or did it all manually without alphas. Great work and attention to detail.

Old 09 September 2012   #15
Nice

it's nice without being to camp... good work

Thread Closed share thread