CGTalk > WIP > WIP/Critique: 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 05-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
OskarW
portfolio
Oskar Wallin
Stockholm, Sweden

I made some changes, changed the camera angle and added a Skymap, the post is not completly done, so hold on I'd love some more input from it you guys! the last i got was really helpful!
are you still feeling the repeated texture thingy? i didn't change on the dock yet (forgot about it before i started rendering!)

Old 06-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #17
PsYcHZ
Veteran

portfolio
Daniel Zoeller
The Animation School
Cape Town, South Africa

I really do like your work. How long have you been doing this for? (3D)

Im still learning my self, I want to ask, did you make the sky/clouds map your self? What gave you the idea for those very vivid, almost dream like/fairy tale colour palate? Also, how do you do the white wash where the water touches the sea sand?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:01 AM   #18
OskarW
portfolio
Oskar Wallin
Stockholm, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHZ
I really do like your work. How long have you been doing this for? (3D)

Im still learning my self, I want to ask, did you make the sky/clouds map your self? What gave you the idea for those very vivid, almost dream like/fairy tale colour palate? Also, how do you do the white wash where the water touches the sea sand?

Hi! Thanks!!
I've been doing 3D for 2 years or so, but only on weekends and such, didn't really start seriously trying until after i came home from Korea last August (was studying there for a year)
I made the Cloudmap myself, yes. Managed to get a good picture by the lake close to my house here in Sweden.
I don't know what inspired me to the vibrant Palate, i think because i've been playing alot MMOs it kind of washes over me. I just like colors alot!

The white wash from the water is postwork in Photoshop, though it's possible to make it through materials, i didn't find it worth the time when i could photoshop it in a couple of seconds!
So are the Plants! Thinking of making it with Alphaplanes, but im not confident in it enough yet when it comes to lightning and such.

Good luck!!

Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
PsYcHZ
Veteran

portfolio
Daniel Zoeller
The Animation School
Cape Town, South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OskarW
Hi! Thanks!!
I've been doing 3D for 2 years or so, but only on weekends and such, didn't really start seriously trying until after i came home from Korea last August (was studying there for a year)
I made the Cloudmap myself, yes. Managed to get a good picture by the lake close to my house here in Sweden.
I don't know what inspired me to the vibrant Palate, i think because i've been playing alot MMOs it kind of washes over me. I just like colors alot!

The white wash from the water is postwork in Photoshop, though it's possible to make it through materials, i didn't find it worth the time when i could photoshop it in a couple of seconds!
So are the Plants! Thinking of making it with Alphaplanes, but im not confident in it enough yet when it comes to lightning and such.

Good luck!!

Did you make the white water bits with a texture map, or did you do it in post?

Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
OskarW
portfolio
Oskar Wallin
Stockholm, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHZ
Did you make the white water bits with a texture map, or did you do it in post?

It's done Post
But it's possible to make in Materials aswell!

Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread