Bell Uh-1 "Huey"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Telemachus: I'm not seeing the pinching, just a great model. Would love to see a wire of this.

Where the door handle of the pilot connects to the door.

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

08 August 2013
Hello,

a little update - started to work on pilots' cabine. This will not be high detailed cocpit with all small screws modeled with 100% precision - just need it to look good

As always please click on the image and select "show image" to see bigger resolution.

Telemachus, I posted some wire screens on the first page.
Cobra, unfortunately I do not understand what you mean. I would be grateful if you be so kind to mark it on my render.
my wip: Bell Uh-1

my work: Land Rover Defender in the forest

Last edited by pgajlewicz : 08 August 2013 at 10:33 PM.

08 August 2013
Dude you are nuts, in a positive way
Crazy amount of detail and especially all the little rivets... How are you going to uv the panels having those rivets on it? Just the panel and on the side in uv space all the rivets lined up? Or just planar the panel (if flat) including the rivets?

Fantastic work!

Cheers
Andre

08 August 2013
Andre, to be honest I have no idea... this is my first flying model with rivets What more, I'm begginer in mapping and texturing, so I will be testing some ideas and learning this stuff when I'm done with the model I made all this rivets as models, coz I desperately wanted to see them on test renders before mapping and texturing And to be honest, it was not a bad and hard thing to do. I just created 5 different rivets and screws and place them using object paint tool. Thanks to this all rivets are instance models, so I can easily change the size for example. Of course I created them on new layer, so all rivets can be hide by one click. But all in all, I'm afraid that your idea is better. As I saw, you decided to make most of rivets by texture and model only bigger ones. It looks very good and definitely will be easier to work. So, maybe during mapping and texturing I will decide to delete most of rivets and re-create them on textures? As far, I really do not know that.

Right now I just have to model few more things in pilots' cabine and add some "life" into cargo. Some granades, bags, ammo box... all those things that probably were placed in every helicopter in Vietnam

08 August 2013
pgajlewicz amazing model one of my favorite helicopters, congratulation mate!
That level of detail , a question rivets added one to one?
Waiting to see it textured

08 August 2013
Thank you, mcebas. Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean by "a question rivets added one to one?".

I couldn't resist to make a little test with idea for one of final shots. It is fast try, so composition and motion blur could be better, but all in all I'm thinking about this kind of shot. You know, squadron of Huey's, some mountains and jungle behind, sunset...

Of course please click on the image and select "show image" to see bigger resolution.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by pgajlewicz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz3Cc7wlfkI

08 August 2013
Something like this? haha, My favorite helicopter scene in the best movie in my opinion;-)

Very good job on that huey! love it

Are you goning to make some pilots also?

Last edited by jonathankrijgsman : 08 August 2013 at 09:58 AM.

08 August 2013
nice work
can't wait for the textures

08 August 2013
jonathankrijgsman, of course there will be whole crew, pilots and soldiers - well, at least I will try to make them look real:P Pilots will be much easier - much more work will be with a m60's guys...

mrkrzysiek, me too:P I started mapping process yesterday. To be honest, as far, I do not like it:P

08 August 2013
Wow, amazing work on this Huey! I was working on my own and this is ten times better! So inspiring!

09 September 2013
japetus: I would love to see it!

Ok... this is my first version of texture. Not all tail is finished - I started from the back. I decided to make not much damaged model. Since I'm planing to make some Vietnam shots, this Huey shouldn't be too old. There were new helicopters in Vietnam That is why there is only a little rust (almost invisible and I'm not sure should I make it more). I'm thinking about good shader to. Right now this is basic Vray material and doesn't look like military, thick paint. All in all, I'm not satisfied, but I wanted to post some progress.

All your critics and advices are more than welcome!

Please click on the image and select "show image" to see bigger resolution.

09 September 2013
good start but I won't more

09 September 2013
Very cool! looking promising sofar :-)

How are you going to do the thick paint look? I am curious about that

reply share thread