Character Yastreb

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #16
Yeah looks great Alexander.

Nice anatomy. I would take the scowl off his face. If the expression is gone and his head is still badass then you know you are on the right track. Keep on truckin' man

Cheerio

Old 10 October 2012   #17
Thank you guys, all your comments are carefully studied and taken.
PKD, could you explain about the nose area, as I'm not sure I follow?
I made some refinements. I fixed those proportion issues with the body, but I will refine the body tomorrow.

Old 10 October 2012   #18
Relax the eyebrows.
The finger volumes are too slim in the sideview. Front view has the right volumes.

Old 10 October 2012   #19
I meant the nose area betwwen the eyes, but it seems, that has been fixed.

The eyebrow area of the head at the outer edge need to soften (more round) by quite a bit.

Old 10 October 2012   #20
Thanks guys, points are taken. I tried to refine further. Damn, refining takes so much time.

Old 10 October 2012   #21
Thumbs up

Very good corrections! I donít know how far you want to go with realism when dressing him anyway, but ribs seem to be somewhat stylised. So more an issue could be the fingers, their shape looking somewhat thin at this render size (especially the thumb and index)

Your bad guy is developing nicely!

Old 10 October 2012   #22
Originally Posted by zokana: Very good corrections! I donít know how far you want to go with realism when dressing him anyway, but ribs seem to be somewhat stylised. So more an issue could be the fingers, their shape looking somewhat thin at this render size (especially the thumb and index)

Your bad guy is developing nicely!

Thank you Zoltan! Yep, fingers seem too thin for such a soldier. Then I'm worried about this ecorche syndrome or anatomical syndrome as I call it, overdoing muscles, but it's hard to be in-between, making relaxed and not overdone characters. And I miss drawing humans from nature, so there's a lot to explore.

Old 10 October 2012   #23
Hey Mister!
It is looking great man, did you use any model sheets? The base model was made on what software?

Old 10 October 2012   #24
Originally Posted by caionascimentosantos: Hey Mister!
It is looking great man, did you use any model sheets? The base model was made on what software?

Hello Caio! Thank you. I use photo references. Those are 3d.sk and others, which I can find on the net. For face I use screenshots from movies and other photos of people I can find. I use Zbrush for it. I used generic basemodel inside of it, which is very cool and has a good topology.

Old 11 November 2012   #25
An update.

Old 11 November 2012   #26
Looks great! Very nice improvements at the stomach area! The only issues i can see is the somewhat strange serratus ante, plus the thick neck in side view. Otherwise cool!

Old 11 November 2012   #27
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zokana: Looks great! Very nice improvements at the stomach area! The only issues i can see is the somewhat strange serratus ante, plus the thick neck in side view. Otherwise cool!

Thanks Zoltan! I see the neck and the stomach area issues, you're right. He looks a bit over-developed muscle-wise (maybe), but it's the lighting I think. Though, he should be like this for this role. I will update soon, and once again thank you for support.

Old 11 November 2012   #28
A small refinement.

Old 02 February 2013   #29
I started blocking out the outfit.

Old 02 February 2013   #30
I currently do a military suit for a compagny. Really cool flow!

But I think the bottom part of the trousers just don't fit. Do you mind share you refs?

Thread Closed share thread