Character Yastreb

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2012   #1
Character Yastreb

This is the last character for my short movie. It is antagonist of Peter, a generic bad guy (there will be several clones of them). First I thought he would be a Russian soldier, but then I decided to give up this idea of nationalities, as it may start stinking later.

Last edited by mister3d : 04 April 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Old 04 April 2012   #2
Hey nice drawings!
How come all the characters you make look kind!!! He is way too nice to be evil The knees might be a bit too broad in the front view but very nice work.

Cheers

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Thank you Kanga! I totally agree the knees are to big.
Started working on a model. Unfortunately my hard-drive crushed and I lost references I gathered for this character, so I will have to gather them again.

Last edited by mister3d : 09 September 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
May I ask what program you used to make the model? a wireframe would be great in the future! wish to learn please!

Old 09 September 2012   #5
I like the face very much! He could be one of the Klitschko clan. Greatly done sharpness of the facial lines. Your best face so far imo! (except maybe the ears, which seem to be neglected again a bit) Cool work, mister3d!

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Originally Posted by zokana: I like the face very much! He could be one of the Klitschko clan. Greatly done sharpness of the facial lines. Your best face so far imo! (except maybe the ears, which seem to be neglected again a bit) Cool work, mister3d!

Thanks man! I reckon eyes are a bit big with my other characters... I will check it. I mean specifically eyeballs. I still miss drawing real humans, hopefully I will have some time for it. But now I need to finish those as much as I can.

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Ha ha! Great head mister3d. Nicely done

Old 09 September 2012   #8
Looking good mister3d.

Old 09 September 2012   #9
Thanks guys! I will post an update soon.

Old 10 October 2012   #10
Nice concept and model man! I think you could get some ideas for his equipment from those battlefield 3 characters! I like them a lot!

Old 10 October 2012   #11
Thanks Caio! I'm a huge fan of CS, and play it for 10 years So I also enjoy those military games.
A small update. I discovered one thing in zbrush: the default lighting is very bad, and it should be from the side and up, so you can see all details much better. It really helps modeling easier. Tomorrow I will refine ears and palms.

Old 10 October 2012   #12
Had the impression at first glance that the shins were sturdy, making the legs looking straight, not curvy enough. Itís probably the rather heavy ankle area... And personally iím not such a fan of those trapezius muscles, getting up high and also straightly. The stomach area looks like he was holding his breath (pulled in). And more a general one, knowing that the model isnít fully elaborated yet: everything on the body looks very smooth, missing some sharpness here and there (could be partially much more boxy).

Otherwise great work, as usually!

Old 10 October 2012   #13
Hi, looks great!
I think the navel should be upper a bit,

"The first example of the golden ratio in the average human body is that when the distance between the navel and the foot is taken as 1 unit, the height of a human being is equivalent to 1.618."

This ratio always works for me, I checked myself and with some friends.

For me is strange that seem the arms size is same with legs size, I think the legs should be bigger wider than the arms.

Last edited by artofillusionist : 10 October 2012 at 09:24 AM.

Old 10 October 2012   #14
I like it .
looking for the next phase
Keep it up

Old 10 October 2012   #15
I am not sure if intended, but I find your model heads to be on the stylised, chisel side, & the features much too strong. Smooth out the chiseled features & he will look more realistic imo.

The 'T' area of the nose looks overkill with the deep cavities or the features. The eyes area could do with a bit of refinement as well, as I cannot see the rītearline, & the upper lips of the eyes should overlap the bottom a little.

Thread Closed share thread