Shortfilm: Elysium

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2012
Shortfilm: Elysium

The project that never dies,

so i started this back in 2006 as an extension to my senoir thesis and have been lagging on and off, and every time something new in maya comes out i always want to try it out, so now im in maya 2012 rendering with v-ray and here is a look at one of our main characters

the textures aren't quite there yet and right now its only using a dome light and one area light, the model it self is pretty low res and i plan to keep it that way, so there it is for now

my project blog here http://haobot.com/Elysium

and the old thread that i started years ago http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=43&t=565481

WIP

03 March 2012
here is part of the animation i've been working on

WIP

03 March 2012
That looks great man! you should do more, I'd love to see this thing finished!

07 July 2012
^thanks!

i've been really busy with work lately and helping out with my friends side project but i found some time to model his gun, not UVed or textured yet, probably will get this thing to a good place by end of the week if my schedule doesn't change to much

WIP

07 July 2012
Nice models.

Some points to the animation:

1- the first camera movement is very confusion. maybe putting the camera fixed to the ground instead of moving with the sword character.

2- The second sword slash she gives I donīt understand where it hits. Does she cuts the
gun???

3- The gunner when he is falling in the end he loses the sense of weight.

Other than that the animation is really cool specialy with the robot coming through the wall. Cool story

Cheers

07 July 2012
Originally Posted by asmodai: Nice models.

Some points to the animation:

1- the first camera movement is very confusion. maybe putting the camera fixed to the ground instead of moving with the sword character.

2- The second sword slash she gives I donīt understand where it hits. Does she cuts the
gun???

3- The gunner when he is falling in the end he loses the sense of weight.

Other than that the animation is really cool specialy with the robot coming through the wall. Cool story

Cheers

Hey Thanks! I've been working on the animation for a while but decided to give it a rest for now. I couldn't figure out why it looks weird at the end for the soldier but now i think i know why. The camera will be changed eventually, i think i will implement more cameras around the action and edit it together rather than relying on a camera move to showcase the whole thing.

I've been kind of working on texturing the gun lately, and here is the latest update, i may remodel some parts of it to give it a little bit more detail, but i don't want to go crazy because its not really a main part of this whole project and there's no real close ups of it.

WIP

07 July 2012
spent sometime today working on the main body part of the gun, i think im going to remodel the magazine and the barrel parts

WIP

07 July 2012
I like your style. Simple but having the right details. Not fancy big ass gun. Maybe too much scratching on the paint. It looks way more used and seeing it in the hands of those "elite" guys, seems a bit off the character. Maybe putting scratches on specific places ( end of the barrel, gun clips) and not on all the gun?!?!

I am not saying its a wrong texture detail, its actually more as a personal taste but keep it coming. Great job.

Cheers

07 July 2012
thanks! i kinda want him to be equally as worn as the gun. the idea is that he's been in war all his life, and is just kind of really grungy at this point, the environment around him will reflect this as well. The ninja character is more of a elite force that's going to be shiny and new, tho she'll be a little rough around the edges too.

here is the gun in hes hands, I'm going to start doing shader and texture work to him to get him to match the look

WIP

09 September 2012
finally got around to doing more changes, i think its 95% there. There are still a few more things im not too happy about but i will fix them later since UVs are pretty much all setup and i really need to get started working on the other character.

fullsize here http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/...cc77b805b_o.jpg

WIP

09 September 2012
I love the actions in the animatic man. But I think you can still refine the animation. To slow when she goes in the air

09 September 2012
thanks! yea i will probably rework the animation once everything is all built and textured

btw does my images come out really really dark? i think my monitor maybe really out of whack

ninja character

full size

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8040/...14b7939f9_o.jpg

WIP

09 September 2012
Hey hey.

Yeah the Soldier render is way t dark. Maybe its the monitor thing ^^ but looks really good.

Like a lot the ninja render. You can see better. Just have something against the design of the suit. The chest part doesnt look its part from it. The boobs look they are bursting from inside, because they īdonīt look connected to the suit. But a matter of taste.

Hope I made any sense ^^

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

09 September 2012
Thumbs up

Wow-wow-wow, amazing!

09 September 2012
Really liking the characters and the animation, i agree with the comments from asmodai that the sense of weight on her is light and should be faster when she is coming down from her leap in all instances. For the gun model maybe make the muzzle a tad longer, bit wider and add the the front sight to the muzzle as well....just for a bit more detail on it. This is also a suggestion, but maybe make the female's legs a little bit longer...not too much...just feels like they should to give it more of a sex appeal.

Awesome stuff!

Thread Closed share thread