vehicle: Honda s2000

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
Hey Lion, flawless execution! Very nice modeling and especially the attention to detail in areas like the handle and the inner door frame.
Great work - It looks marvelous!

01 January 2004
Thanks for the pics Lion. Got it now. Just one final question. Do you detach the objects completely? For example do you detach the door to a completely new object, or do you keep them all in the same object?

Awsome work on the Chair mate

01 January 2004
hey LionTR

i was just wondering if you was going to create a quick tutorial on how you created your headlights? I am looking forward to it. Like i said earlier i am stuck on how to model headlights.

01 January 2004
Headlights are not so complicated to do actually. If you know how they are built, you do them with not problem at all. Take a look at your own car and look at the structure. That might help

01 January 2004
see i dont know how to begin with these head lights. How do i create the circle parts for it and make it blend good with the back?Would i use a boolean operation but that makes the object nasty. Does anyone know a good technique on how to do this.

here is the pic http://store6.yimg.com/I/racerwheel_1771_24015211

01 January 2004
Do you have your own thread? I don't want to get in the way of lionTR here...

01 January 2004
no but i will start one i cant show any wip yet cause my computer is getting fixed but if you can just show me how you would model those headlights then that would be great.

here is the thread please help me out and thanks for your help too.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115775

01 January 2004
em3: sorry, I don't understand the word "seam". I will look after it in a vocabulary book, but I don't have one at home. Cuold U wait while I got it back? (it is by my brother, he lives almost next door

SteveFox: I started the modeling with about 2-3 hours searching for pictures And as you see, I was lucky

Viper: I didn't detached most of the parts, just for temporarly. The case of the door is an exeption, because so it is easier later to rotate the door (to make it open) and I have to link a lot of things to the door, too.

WhiteBoy: sorry, I know I promised the headlight tutorial, but I didn't have as much free time as I want. But I didn't forget about it! It will be on the topic. Soon. Sorry, I cannot promise more :(
But Viper is absolutely right. You have to see how it looks in the real life, and you have to model it like the original one.
My S2000 WIP
Tutorial: Boxmodeling a car
Supra (BRAND NEW!)

01 January 2004
A promise is a promise...

First, I draw some shape too the headlight. Then made a copy, extrude in, to make the inner part. Then solidify to the outer glass, made the lenses, put the whole together, and hit render. I hope I could help a bit.
Good night!
My S2000 WIP
Supra (BRAND NEW!)

01 January 2004
Stupid me, I forgot the picture! Here it is:
My S2000 WIP
Supra (BRAND NEW!)

01 January 2004
thanks man that helped alot. See i was trying to create the headlights as one complete object. When you created those lights all you did was just push it back through the back panel right?

01 January 2004
Thumbs down

Hey! This is a nice piece of work! I really like it! Can't wait to see the finished car!

Gratula, nagyon allat! Gyonyoru szep felepites, es reszletek! Hobby, vagy munka a 3D?

Greetings/Udv, neu

01 January 2004
this one developes really fine. the seat and the headline looks very good... looking forward to the next pic of your car. I`d like to get a bit indepth on your headlight material. i guess that the reflection is an enviroemnt map ? maybe hdri like ?

01 January 2004
He probably used chrome for the headlight. That's how I do anyway. And yeah, definately use HDRI or it won't work really well.

Chrome material is something as follows: Raytrace mat
Fresnel reflection
IOR 20-25
Difuse: I don't remember the right color...don't know if it's black or white.
Remove specular reflections and you shold be done....

Unless of course, you have Brazil wich is my case and I only have to bring in a Chrome mat

BTW, Lion. Couldn't get the bloody thing to work the way I wanted and I know why now. I didn't plan that once I did the solidify thing, the door would get out of the shape I previously, so it's going to be a pain and I'll have to chamfer a lot of edges there. Unless I did something wrong :(

Anyway, carry on the work man

01 January 2004
whiteboy: what do do you mean exactly? Push what back? Sorry, I thought I can speak english...

neu: koszike, csak hobby, de el tudnam kepzelni, hogy a kesobbiekben akar fizessenek is erte

Viper: thanks man, you spare me a lot of typing
Before adding solidify, you have to know how the geometry will be changed. It's only an experience game, but once you did it enough, you will work very easily and fast! So keep it tryin'!
My S2000 WIP
Supra (BRAND NEW!)

Thread Closed share thread