XTRM3D little corner

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2012   #61
I like both set-ups with your Pontiac, believing that it would be better if not going for a too weathered photo look.

The first take of the car is technically better, while the sand could be more detailed - its shape is also more like coffee foam, overall too smooth (plus: the rear wheel isnít conveying the weight of the car). Some discolouration on the exhaust pipes could add to realism as well.

On the second take (which i see as the main picture of the presentation) there are still some black stripes around the windshield. The DOF is partially too strong and the sand issue is the same.(also donít forger the tiny reflections of the grains)

The model is nicely done - some edges could be smoother though (fender area and around the large front intakes)

Perhaps iíd try some colours for the sky (purple, brown/yellow, what ever) to get a more dramatic mood. Not forgetting then the reflections on the car. Not sure whether it works but..

here just quick test, concerning sky and mood:

Keep it up!

Last edited by zokana : 06 June 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Old 06 June 2012   #62
@zokana
thank you very much for the detailled critique ,
rest assured that while i consider this piece done , and i have allready moved forward with other stuff,
i would look back at your critique for my next car rendering

i really like what you have done in your paint over , thank you

some progress on the pilot

Old 06 June 2012   #63
Originally Posted by xtrm3d: yup ..
was right ... declined again

Something's wrong there, it's simply not comprehensible. There's so much stuff passing through (especially in the last time) that isn't on par with the level you're showing here... just keep doing your stuff, it's great!

Old 06 June 2012   #64
Something's wrong there, it's simply not comprehensible. There's so much stuff passing through (especially in the last time) that isn't on par with the level you're showing here... just keep doing your stuff, it's great!

thanks you for the support ..
but what can i do ? reaally ssem that i did piss in someone cereal at some point ..
**** it

did try to contact a mod .. but seem that nobody can do something or want to go against the flow .

anyway ..

those boot are made for walking :-)

Old 06 June 2012   #65
just realising that i never posted the 3d print result of teh red star 47

Old 06 June 2012   #66
some pose test

Old 06 June 2012   #67
Very Nice print
Where was that printed?

Old 06 June 2012   #68
Very Nice print Where was that printed?

ownage

Old 06 June 2012   #69
update on teh posing ..decimation master down from 20 millions to 600k

Old 06 June 2012   #70
I love the dirt and grit on your car textures! Much more believable and "used." Someone had some fun driving that thing around. Can't wait to see a textured version of Red Star...that 3d print is really nice! Where did you get it done/how much was it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks, keep it up, really impressive stuff.

Old 06 June 2012   #71
the 3d print have been done by ownage ,
can't tell much about pricing since i do not deal with the $$ aspect
just contact them and ask for a quote

here some photos of the figures

Old 06 June 2012   #72
I heard ownage has one the best quality/price ratio. They are located in china but the extra quality is worth the shipping. Also, they can hand paint your model for extra $$ and do a pretty god job at it

Old 06 June 2012   #73
I heard ownage has one the best quality/price ratio. They are located in china but the extra quality is worth the shipping. Also, they can hand paint your model for extra $$ and do a pretty god job at it

hear him !!hear him !! :-)

done with it .. just need some minor clean up .. and they are ready to print
yup i know .. the first one lost his jacket button ... ( they are hidden )

Old 06 June 2012   #74
started on something new ....

Old 07 July 2012   #75
added some leather , one never have enough leather

reply share thread