Male head

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03 March 2012   #16

__________________
My Portfolio
www.kollarandor.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #17
Maybe the latissimi dorsi are a bit wide regarding the rest and the clavicles look rather sharp and also slightly exaggerated toward the shoulders. The ribcage could have more volume in the center, depending also a bit on the default pose...

But all in all very nice work so far!
 
Old 03 March 2012   #18
Originally Posted by zokana: Maybe the latissimi dorsi are a bit wide regarding the rest and the clavicles look rather sharp and also slightly exaggerated toward the shoulders. The ribcage could have more volume in the center, depending also a bit on the default pose...

But all in all very nice work so far!


You are right! Now I am searching the correct bodyshape, difficult because I see many reference pictures of many people, every people are different...
every clavicles are different... I am working... I hope I can find the best form
You can see wide latissimus dorsi maybe because the orthographic view.
__________________
My Portfolio
www.kollarandor.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #19

__________________
My Portfolio
www.kollarandor.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #20
hi! it's looking pretty good!

Can you post a render of the back in wireframe? I'am modeling a girl, but i can´t find a good topology for the back...

thanks!
__________________
hi! take a look!
http://lucaspapini.wordpress.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #21
Originally Posted by Lucashidden: hi! it's looking pretty good!

Can you post a render of the back in wireframe? I'am modeling a girl, but i can´t find a good topology for the back...

thanks!


Hello,

Here you are!
Yet the back is not finish, but I think for a girl it is not good reference, because a girl back is gentle, not muscled.
__________________
My Portfolio
www.kollarandor.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #22
i known but is really hard to find a good topology for the back..
I never found a good and compreensive tutorial...

I post my model some time ago, what do you think? some critique?
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1035450

it's my first complet human model...
__________________
hi! take a look!
http://lucaspapini.wordpress.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #23
@artofillusionist: very nice topology flow...however two of the muscles seem to be a little bit too bulky when it comes to the aspect of flowing nicely under the skin. The trapezoid muscle and the "horse-shoe" area which is formed by the brachial triceps muscle at the back of the elbow look very unnatural an unorganic to me. Another point is, as already mentioned, the clavicle. It's true that every clavicle looks a little bit different, but in general the shape is pretty uniform, otherwise the shoulder joint wouldn't work the way it does normally. These are just minor critique points which caught my eye, overall the model is great!
__________________


Last edited by The-FubaR : 03 March 2012 at 03:24 PM.
 
Old 03 March 2012   #24
Originally Posted by The_FubaR: @artofillusionist: very nice topology flow...however two of the muscles seem to be a little bit too bulky when it comes to the aspect of flowing nicely under the skin. The trapezoid muscle and the "horse-shoe" area which is formed by the brachial triceps muscle at the back of the elbow look very unnatural an unorganic to me. Another point is, as already mentioned, the clavicle. It's true that every clavicle looks a little bit different, but in general the shape is pretty uniform, otherwise the shoulder joint wouldn't work the way it does normally. These are just minor critique points which caught my eye, overall the model is great!


Thanks for your comment!
It was very useful, some parts look for me too unnatural (especially in the elbow), I develop the form uniformly and everything changes always a little. I should like to make a very correct anatomy model, so I need study very carefully the anatomy. I do not want to make very-very muscled bodybuilder body, just I want make an average-athletic body. It is difficult to make a good topology flow with medium muscles (I do not want fight with much polygons, just that is necessary), because I do not want modelling every muscles, I will sculpt these muscles later in ZBrush.
I'm thinking now how I shall make better the elbow.

welcome your further comments
__________________
My Portfolio
www.kollarandor.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #25
a test movie (fast rigging)

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums...rrent=test1.mp4
__________________
My Portfolio
www.kollarandor.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #26
Good job! I'm surprised someone still models humans with sub-d technique from the start, it's pretty difficult. I think the head of clavicle could be more prominent, now it's like non-existent. It's definitely very gentle, as it's covered with sinews, but it's more prominent than it is now. Then his neck sternocleinomastoid (omg what a name, in Russian it's just grudinno-kluchichno-soscevidniy) muscle is too straight infront. It has 2 heads and an angle between them. It's very slight but it's there. It kinds wraps around the throat.
 
Old 03 March 2012   #27
Originally Posted by mister3d: Good job! I'm surprised someone still models humans with sub-d technique from the start, it's pretty difficult. I think the head of clavicle could be more prominent, now it's like non-existent. It's definitely very gentle, as it's covered with sinews, but it's more prominent than it is now. Then his neck sternocleinomastoid (omg what a name, in Russian it's just grudinno-kluchichno-soscevidniy) muscle is too straight infront. It has 2 heads and an angle between them. It's very slight but it's there. It kinds wraps around the throat.


Thanks for your comment!

I like the correct/precise polygonal models. I do not want create a simple base mesh and after sculpt it and after make displacement map. I want a precise base mesh and after I will sculpt it and later of course I will use very detailed displacement map.
I see some people have prominent head of clavicle as you said, some people have gentle head of clavicle, every people are differently. I will add this detail in sculpting, not every detail will be modeled.
Now I see the sternocleinomastoid...
__________________
My Portfolio
www.kollarandor.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #28
current status:












test movie (with fast rigging):

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums...rrent=test1.mp4
__________________
My Portfolio
www.kollarandor.com
 
Old 03 March 2012   #29
Originally Posted by artofillusionist: I see some people have prominent head of clavicle as you said, some people have gentle head of clavicle, every people are differently. I will add this detail in sculpting, not every detail will be modeled.

I agree with this, that's a good observation. I think right now the clavicles there look too much down where their heads are...maybe its because of stretching and you will fix it later. I don't know how on references, but clavicles more often are straight horizontally than uplifted. 3d.sk references often have lifted arms, which lifts clavicles as well, or slouched posture.
Now the palm muscle could be more round there, especially for such a build person.

Last edited by mister3d : 03 March 2012 at 10:26 PM.
 
Old 03 March 2012   #30
Originally Posted by artofillusionist: What do you think about the foot modeling?
His foot stand on the ground and his sole push it? (Because the character stands the most)
Or modeling it with normal pose without pushing?

Need advise!


Normally it woudn't touch the ground in the middle. Foot is an arc, which serves pressure amortization. But of course for stylistical purposes you can choose any kind of stature.

Definitely the leftmost is abnormality and you wouldn't be taken into the army with it.

Last edited by mister3d : 03 March 2012 at 10:16 PM.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.