Untitled Project - Andrew Hamilton

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
Eeeeeee , dunno what to say.

From photo referencies?? U are going for a walk with digital camera or U have some source??
Damn U are good, and U inspire me
ASAP I'll try try once again the creepy atmoshpere in the envi.

Keep us updated man, this stuff rocks

05 May 2006
Hey Andrew

Long time no see!! This is a great piece of work. I love the atmosphere.

Cheers

Steve

05 May 2006
looks very nice
love the mood and the lighting

05 May 2006
Originally Posted by Speve-O: Long time no see!! This is a great piece of work. I love the atmosphere.

Cheers
Steve

Geez it's like the whole ND crew coming out of the woodwork. Congrats on Ubisoft and getting all the visa stuff sorted by the way Steve. If you feel like letting us know what the hell the screen static on the Assasins Creed trailer is about then i'm all ears.

Andrew: Some of the guys at work were looking at my screen as I was checking up on this thread. Thought you'd like to know that they all gave a very big thumbs up.

05 May 2006
Hey Steve! Man i didn't know you got your visa all sorted out for Montreal! Good on you mate, you really deserve it Theres some really amazing games coming out of Ubisoft. Thanks for the comments too!

Cheers Dan, and im glad the guys at Bizarre like this so far Still very much a work in progress though.

Por@szek - Yup i use loads of photo references, mainly from environment-textures.com, and some of my own photo refs

05 May 2006
Great work, amazing sense of detail.
How much time do you spend painting an environment like this?
Keep it up!!

05 May 2006
Great work i like the way youve used your textures as youve created an atmosphere with this piece of work youve inspired me to get back at my work and sort my portfolio out lol :o)

06 June 2006
Hey man that's absolutely insane i love it.
About texture size, tell me more please.

Emmanuel

06 June 2006
Haven't had much time to work on this the last few weeks, but expect some updates soon

Pnoodles, most of the time on this was modelling and unwrapping the environment, textures took about 4 days (after hours) for the basement room.

Emmanuel, im still shifting uv's around as i work so sizes aren't final yet, but once its all done you'll have an answer

- Andrew

06 June 2006
This is coming out very nice (ugly)
I like the mood.
Reminds me on a Gallery i saw a few days ago over @ Pbase.
http://www.pbase.com/hoursofdarknes..._state_hospital

Greetz

TheAbyss

06 June 2006
Still looking great! I love how much detail there is in everything. How big of an area do you think you'll do? A walkthough video of this would be great!

Thanks for that link, it'll be quite helpful for me too It's funny how to most people places like that are an eyesore, but for cg people they are great bits of inspiration

06 June 2006
Thanks very much for that link Abyss! Ive taken alot of inspiration from many of those sorts of sites. Especially this one: http://www.locations-uk.com/test.html

Synthesizer, as for the size of the place i have only a rough idea. It will be a fly-through video (or a walk-through video) starting in the basement making its way up the stairs into the corridor (looking around a bit), out the door at the end and to the right into a very ugly, dead courtyard with twisted foliage etc. Depending on how quickly things come along i may finish it off by walking into another dilapidated building on the other side of the thick and twisted courtyard. Id love for it to keep on going but i can't see that happening

Hopefully i can get back to this ASAP!

Thanks guys!

06 June 2006
Ah, that'd be great! Thanks for the link, I usually have been digging through google and only finding one pic at a time.

Here's one that I've used:
http://www.correctionhistory.org/ht...emprison01.html

I had a few more bookmarked, but they seem to disappeared after the last reinstall of windows

06 June 2006
Damn! Even now I'm still surprised I didn't subscribe to this thread when I saw the room, but now the hallway is looking kickass.

Will this be all interior work, or will you be dealing with the exterior of the building too?

Thread Closed share thread