refrigerator in a desert (photoreal rendering)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
In a quest 3d when i use a low poly or simple object to cast a shadow instead of a high res,and then hide a low poly,there is no shadow on a high res poly. because low res poly is on top of the high res poly and high res poly dont cache any shadow. what should i do?
anothere thing. consider that i dont want to use a low poly method for a shadow casting and my high res poly is clean and there is no open or overlap edge, but in a some area that one poly casting a shaow on it self or another poly, shadows becomes black. what is a solution for this problem? thanks.

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

12 December 2005
some snapshot.this are realtime with quest 3D.not finished yet.software render will be difference.

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

Last edited by ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi : 05 May 2006 at 09:31 AM.

01 January 2006
this are some new snapshot of this projects.its not done yet, i dont bake a env yet and lots of othere stuff will be add.(real time)

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

Last edited by ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi : 05 May 2006 at 09:34 AM.

05 May 2006
Ok. after a long time. i was busy for a while.another snapshoot.this one is bake in mental ray and then render in maya(mental ray stand alone) there is a link to download its 360 degree camera rotation animation on my website
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Time - 3.2 MB
http://www.ali-rahimi.net/animation/x-fridg-1.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

05 May 2006
that is absolutly amazing, i love the renders and the model.

I would absoulty love you if you could post some info on the material, it is perfect.

thanks
mike

05 May 2006
realy good! it's look great. I'm impatient to see the website

05 May 2006
Looking very nice, although, I think your textures should be a higher res. I was wondering if maybe you would be kind enough to let me give the model a try with Maxwell and its new material system. No type of challenge or anything, but just a comparison, I don't know, just tell me what you think.

05 May 2006
Thank you all.
compugeek915 its a snapshoot of a main body material. if want more info just let me know.
morgangray about a textures res its just a test and main textures are 4k what you see in here in 1k. my main goal is to make it possible to render fast thats why i use mental ray and bake everything. with Maxwell a result would be come more photoreal but rendering time will be increase to much.

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

05 May 2006
I never found I would say that a day about a refrigerator but that's beautiful

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

05 May 2006
I like the idea of this but I have a few suggestions:

1) The hoses are too low poly. Everything else is smoothed out and defined while your hoses give away that it's a 3D model. Smoothing them would help, but modelling the bumps would be more beneficial since we can easily see their profile

2) I think your first render that is washed out and white is your best. You could definitely add color to the fridge, but the starkness of just a fridge in the middle of nowhere with NO background environment is really striking. Adding your mountains are ruins detracts from the focus of the piece, the fridge. Secondly, although the image is a little TOO washed out, the washed out look really works because it says "It's REALLY hot" there instead of sort of hot.

I would redo that same shot with the color textures you've chosen, add a little distortion in the background sky to close to the ground to simulate how hot objects "blur" the air around them. Make it look like you would expect a mirage to appear on the horizon. Know what I mean? Keep the simple ground plane without any hills, or very small hills.

Very cool piece though. great job.

05 May 2006
lol reminds me of half life 2 for some reason

maybe its just that cool orange color and the greys

not that this will help you any lol but its pretty cool

"uh oh, yep i'm flyin through the air, this is not good"

05 May 2006
( guitars69 ) about the hoses, iam agree with that. i should work one it, thanks for comment. and for a env, well a method you suggesting me in acceptable and there is no problem with that. but i was change a lots of things. this way or another way each one will have their own feeling. thanks for a cool comments.
about half life style. how dont like half life?

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

05 May 2006
Lightbulb

Hi ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi,

I love your creativity

I bought Maxwell licenses 4 days ago. It'll be a pleasure if you can try with that render engine your imaginative creation

Sincerely, we want to know more about the possibilities of Maxwell Render.
Thanks in advance.

Oskik

Last edited by oskiki : 05 May 2006 at 10:03 PM.

05 May 2006
I know Maxwell is really cool. but dose it have a option for baking?
Update. in progress ...

WWW.ALI-RAHIMI.NET

Last edited by ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi : 05 May 2006 at 09:23 AM.

05 May 2006
Hi again,
Yes, Baking is available

Oskik

Thread Closed share thread