Character: Master Chief Model

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
thanks guys, I'm working on a little teaser trailer. Hopefully by the weekend it'll be done *crosses fingers* heh

as for the project, I'm working with max with the good ol' scanline renderer with a few omni lights

And I don't know too much about the halo movie... yet

12 December 2005
You've really gone above and beyond here dude! I'm not sure this is really game art necessarily :P but holy crap does it look good! Can't wait to see the trailer...

12 December 2005
well it started off with the intention of being game art....thennn It kinda had a life of its own . The MasterChief model itself is only 9k with 1024x1024 textures... so he's ready to go for a game :P. Thanks tho, be back soon with updates.

12 December 2005
Excellent work man!...I just d/loaded the 1st movie from ya site...sweet work...I totally dig the lighting aswell in those renders as it enhances the visuals to a solid cinematic feel...definitely looking out for the updated movie as the last renders shows a lot more progression....very cool!!....
DWIV
Never enough time!!...

3dblog

12 December 2005
This really makes me want to go play some Halo ! Well done on the textures and model. I watched the movies on your site. WOW

12 December 2005
Thank you! I worked on a little Teaser trailer with the model I'm working on here

check it out here : Teaser Trailer (10MB)

Be back soon with updates to the model and environment

12 December 2005
wow

/picks jaw up from floor

just incredible work, the modeling, texturing, lighting, cinematography, music choice.

I must admit, I was really hoping to see some running, jumping and shooting, but the kind of stop and admire the destruction works just as well.

My only crit would be to show some bits of wreckage of whatever ate that rocket.

Definitely looking forward to more!

12 December 2005
Absolutely amazing work. Bungie hasent hired you why? lol. You have some serious talent there man. Keep up the amazing work.

12 December 2005
Amazing work man...why cant I do that yet

There is one thing that bothers me tho, not to be stupid but its the rocket launcher. The whole thing seems about the same color, just would rather see a chipping dark grey than the tan on there.....looks awsome either way!

12 December 2005
Cool teaser man.

U makes me really hungry on it ;] And I see U are a really big fun of Halo, and also a bungie software ;] Some people from this forum will be really glad to see this teaser.

Awesome work man, and give us more

12 December 2005
Thank you everyone for the inspiration to keep on going with this. And yea I agree, the rocket launcher is to plain right now. I'm going to redo the texture... also the Orange light from the flame kinda flattened all the textures in the 2nd scene. Looking back I should have lit that a bit differently.

Thanks tho! Ill be back with updates soon.

12 December 2005
very, nice, got the halo style right on. sci fi shiney, with added grit and dust.

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread