Caliban - WIP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2008
hey pete!

sad, you woulden't finish this one. it would have been one of the coolest threads in cgs's history
great work on the new guy.

-r

09 September 2008
Belated thanks for the comments :o)

I shelved this project for a bit because the last pose was weak, limp and boring - mainly because the rig was exploding everytime I tried to do something even slightly athletic. But I got a bit of a second wind from doing other fings, and so:

Version 2, now with less explosions and a lot more like picture 1, page 1 of this thread.

Gonna re-do the ZBrushing as it was my first attempt, and I made a ton of mistakes.

09 September 2008
happy to find this not just a 6 month bump but a real update. Good to see it back

09 September 2008
yeah good to see your picking this back up great work dude

My Website

09 September 2008
This is freakin' unbelievable!

I don't know how I missed this. Subscribed!

09 September 2008
I was looking back on this thread not too long ago, Glad you finally got back to it.

09 September 2008
Fantastic, I'm glad you've come back to this. Lovely work!

09 September 2008
Hey! Glad to see you back on tracks Piek!
New pose is just like you said: more in the first direction spirit, happy you found courage to fight it again!

Also happy he don't have balls in this position =D

09 September 2008
Really great to see you back on Caliban. I still can't get over how complex your max rig is without it exploding every time you move a limb. How are you skinning him? With standard max modifiers or using a plugin like SkinFx?

Lets see some more!

09 September 2008
great as always. Nice to see you came back with an great update.
nice work mate!!

09 September 2008
Talking

great work! I just read a book called "Olympus" by Dan Simmons and he has a creature based on caliban. It's set in the future where everyone lives to be exactly 100 and then they get teleported to "heaven", which is actually a space station in orbit that has long since been taken over by the caliban creature who now eats the people that come through the portal.

10 October 2008
This is amazing work! The amount of detail is mindblowing, and using a skelletual structure and muscles in the model is cool too. I never did anything like it. I can't wait to see the final result with animation.

10 October 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread