Goblin texturing

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2002
Hey Steve,
Thanx. I 'm not sure if I'll ever get to a body for this guy... we'll see though. Right now I'm finishing up the textures then I'm gonna' do some facial stuff.
Here's a little update on him. I still have to finish off the ear and the inside of the mouth but he's coming along...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gob1.jpg (29.1 KB, 3568 views)

06 June 2002
and here's another one....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gob2.jpg (33.9 KB, 3527 views)

06 June 2002
He Looks sooooooooooo FINE!!!!
I love the character. He has something in his face, something that gives him " I am alive " look. That is what CG characters must be about.

06 June 2002
Funtastic Funtastic:airguitar Funtastic and again and again

06 June 2002
Wow hell yeah nice. I quite agree with Ant4d that he has a certain sparkle in his eyes..or..whatever it is, that makes him "there".

I think the transition to his lips are too blurry, it seems to me it's usually better defined..

Much less important is that I think the whole head has a sort of blurryness to it..it's nothing bad per sť, but some smaller details could be quite useful to attain a more..sort of..photorealistic thing. I think.

..oh and he's kinda..saturated, colorwise, as it is. Redish. It's not really a crit though, I just notice it..I'm thinking it's more of a stylechoice.

Great work though, very nice.

06 June 2002
man, great job! the blending is a lot better now, and hair is very nice. I agree with the others on the lips, and i stand my ground on the ears...

Eyes are too shiney? Dont know, too damn defined compared to the age he depicts...

06 June 2002
Hay Dragon, Im amaized....what kind of technique(spelling?) you are using for the hair? they look so good!!!
it seems to be texture mapping. cuz not fur nor paint effects can produce that kind of fine result. not sure tho
Lemme know.
And oo yeah, can you post some wires...the ultimate!

06 June 2002
Thanx everyone .
Ant4d,
Thanx, I hope it all comes through when he gets animated.
ivanimal,
You probably could have used a couple more icons if you really tried .
gaggle,
I probably gonna darken the lip a hair to help w/ the seperation, and I agree w/ you about the saturation... for some reason my it doesn't look so red on my home computer.... hmmm... I'm gonna take a look at this, thanx.
diazgl,
I'm gonna finish the textures on the ears and I was debating whether or not to put some earings on... hmmm... hopefully this should take care of the smooth look. Thanx.
Dmitry,
Thanx. The hair is basically just a bunch of nurbs planes w/ a procedural texture (consisting mainly of ramps) applied. The brows are fur though. Here is an old render I did a while back of the wireframe... you can barely tell it's the same guy .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gobwire.jpg (47.1 KB, 3347 views)

06 June 2002
wow Im amaized even more. Could you post like a small tutorial on how to make procedural ramps for the hair like that>??
Thanks

06 June 2002
oh, yeah a crit i forgot to mention
the antialising on the hair is kinda bad, prolly due to the way you made the hair....?

06 June 2002
hair

I'm sure you say it already, but how was the hair done , paint effect or modeled, fur??? just reply back or email me at zerobelowken@hotmail.com

06 June 2002
Great work. How do you texture it so that you get all the dark crevaces like that?
Thanx,
Oscar

06 June 2002
also I was wondering if you gon add some facial hairs?
i think he needs some more wrinkles as well...
but keep em comming.
are you gon crate blends for him and add expressions?
that be cool

06 June 2002
Damn he is looking so good , that is a very very nice job. I love the texture and the hair, but i still think a darker skin tone could be better. I guess that we must thing on were he lives and what he does on life, to imagine how it looks. And i look at him and i thing of a almost rich merchant ( vendor ) that owns a shop with many things, like weapons and potions and sometimes travels to other lands in a funny looking vehicle with a huge animal puching a strange wagon. And he has a bossy personalit.
ok ok im carrying my self away.

Just one thing, the way o talk about the hair, the ramps on the nurbs planes.... that seams so easy and i still don't get it :| Can you make a tutorial on that? I know you are a very busy hobbit but it would help ppl like me making beter hair

Yes it's true you have a new fan

06 June 2002
well, only by guessing, Victor, i would say that he used splines to make patches that conform to the head. He applied a UV on the patches, and then made hair textures in ps...?

Thread Closed share thread