Goblin texturing

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2002
oh yeah!! This is a very big change!! One little touch, and BANG!! I like the now and before look, both very nice. The hair needs a better blending with the head though. Keep it up!!

06 June 2002
Thanx for the replies. I'm not sure if I'm gonna dirty him up or not... I kinda like the pail/never seen the sun look... I do plan on throwing some age spots and fixing up the hairline... but.... it's a wip... so we'll see where it ends up.

06 June 2002
I'd say, if you could sketch him full view with cloth and all, then it be easier to deside the styles.
Great work btw

06 June 2002
this is just personal taste, but it looks like you made the junction between the upper lip and the skin just a bit too diffused in your color map or maybe its the compression that is parasiting it and giving it a leaky feel.

Excellent modeling and texturing
can't wait to see more

06 June 2002
That is a very good texture work, with a bump map and a litle gloss it will become pretty realistic, but i guess i would put a darker skin tone, and a few facial hair, maybe some nose hair?
Hehe good work Mr Hobbit

06 June 2002
Thanx for all the good feedback guys. I'm gonna hit him hard over the weekend (I don't get too much time on the weekdays.. so It's hard to post new updates). and will post the results on monday.

Dmitry,
Yeah... I'll probably have to do that, although I haven't even thought of a design for the rest of him yet . Kind of a "on-the-fly" design I guess.

Meka,
You hit the nail on the head... this is one of the million and one problems I'm gonna try and get fixed by Monday. Thanx.

HellRender,
I'm posting a couple picks of how the eyes were done below... btw I already tried the red eye thing. It just wasn't across right. Thanx.

Victor Martins,
Oh yes... All that nasty stuff is yet to come .

Thanx again guys.
Here is how the eyes were created...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eye1.jpg (43.4 KB, 3419 views)

06 June 2002
and here is the second pic....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eye2.jpg (48.5 KB, 3408 views)

06 June 2002
Do you post photoshop your images or are they raw renders from Maya?

Nice work, Love the hair.

06 June 2002
must admit tho, a very nice work. How long did it take you to model and texture so far?
One of these days Im gon sit down and ummm, model a killer face aswel, blah blah blah....
great work

06 June 2002
Julez4001,
The image is a straight up render in maya no tweaking... the only thing I used photoshop for was the glow around him.

Dmitry,
I did the model a little while back and I'm just getting around to texturing him now. So far I've spent about a solid day on modeling and about a day and a half on texturing... getting to this point is the easy part... it's all the endless tweaks and fixes that seems to take forever .

Thanx,

06 June 2002
Nice work, really.

I prefer him with his hair, that's my opinion though.

I don' know why but he looks a bit young to have that kind of gray hair, maybe the skin or his eyes make me feel about it...
I dont know, I'm tired so I must probably be mistaken.

Keep on.

06 June 2002
Dragon I wanted to complement you on WICKED TEXTURING. oh yah the models good too. this is going to be great when hes moving, he is going to move right?!!!

Spirit2029

06 June 2002
Wow great work, like usual. I like a lot the look of your characters. I've also learn a lot from your tutorial.

06 June 2002
Thanx everybody,
I did some work on him this morning... things like tightening the upper lip, adding age spots and moles and stuble, but the changes are so subtle that I won't post yet... I'll wait till the weekend is over, by then you should see a drastic change, and if everything goes as planned I should have some animation tests by the following weekend .

06 June 2002
Hey Dave!!!
Woo, almost missed your thread entirely.. Kickass job once again on the character modeling bit.. Are you thinking about adding any facial hair to him? A lil goat all knotted and such? Just an idea.. there plans for a body or is it just a head model?

Keep us updated

-Steve Vyas

Thread Closed share thread