W.I.P. Fan Art - The Division - Rockefeller Prison

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  01 January 2018
W.I.P. Fan Art - The Division - Rockefeller Prison

Hi everyone

This is the 1st time i post on CGSociety.

The purpose of the project is to have a complete environment piece to use as a portfolio to look for a job as a prop and/or environment artist for games.
I'm currently enrolled on Ryan's Kingslien - Environment Artist Bootcamp and this the environment i have chosen since the division is one of the games i like the most.

It's based on a concept by:
Daniel Matthews

His Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/danielmatthews/profile
Daniel's concept link:https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PgqK3

I'm still on the blocking phase, the cloth is only placeholder until i swap them with meshes created with marvelous designer.
I'm creating the environment on unreal engine 4.18, modeling inside 3dsmax, and texturing with both Substance Designer, Substance Painter and Photoshop, baking will be made inside Marmoset toolbag 3.

Thanks for coming















 
  02 February 2018
Hi guys,

I haven't posted in a while, but here is another update .

I replaced the modular walls and columns with another version that has uvs for tiling correctly, and fixed an issue i had with getting pitch black meshes which was related with wrong gray textures packing.
I will also change the floor texture as well as only having 3 materials and adding some dust and dirt as well as some decals and a decal of dirty water puddle.
Also added a fake interior material to give some depth to some of the windows.
And some vertex paint too.

I used this video tutorial to create the bump parallax offset for the fake window interior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KN6Q4yVwGo

And here is a short recording of the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZojRtlRiqk

Still got a lot to do but getting there.












 
  04 April 2018
Hi guys

Sorry for not posting an update on a long time, i have been working on several assets as well as the scene lighting.

Added 2 cages
All current assets(except the blocking ones)have 2nd uv channel uvs so no seams anymore.
No more color variation on the floor tiles due to the light baking. Had to set the static indirect lighting scale to lower values, for me 0.2 worked however i'm aware it does increases the scene light baking by a lot even with lightmass importance volume.
Also been playing with settings on the post process for the sceen light mood + custom LUT.
Added Volumetric lights.(apparently quality scaling between epic and cinematic affects a lot volumectric lights).
Added some place holder particles to later substitute them for dust particles.
Now i only have 3 floor tile materials: black, white and white with black in the middle; also going to add dirt to it since it's very clean at the moment.
Got rid of the sky sphere and skylight to get rid of the remaining light leaks.

Still got a lot of assets to create as well as learning how to create cloth inside marvelous designer.
Also going to create a custom height texture for better vertex blending on the modular pieces.

Here is what i have now:








https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUUD_yI7194

Last edited by IsaacRivera : 04 April 2018 at 08:52 AM.
 
  04 April 2018
Hi

More updates










 
  05 May 2018
Hey guys[img width=15,height=15]https://forum.chamferzone.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It's been a while since i have posted.

Here's an update in the scene:

Created my own concrete textures for the walls to replace the ones from substance source[img width=15,height=15]https://forum.chamferzone.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Tweaked the lighting a bit more.
Changed the floating dust particles to feel more like dust and not fireflies.
Added dirty and clean paper decals, newspaper decals
Added cardboard pieces to the floor
Added dirt to the floor in order to add variation
Fixed the tiling super noticeable textures on the ceiling.
Added some spilled oil puddles
Replaced the placeholder cloth meshes with the final ones.(marvelous designer was fun to learn)
Began adding more almost finished or finished meshes.
Also added a dirt mask

While i haven't finished the scene, i have to say i have learnt a lot from creating it.














 
  05 May 2018
Hey guys

Here is an update on the scene.












 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.